X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • llangston1
    Lieutenant
    • Sep 2013

Pitch plane servo throw issue

Ok I got the AD2 auto level installed and set up. It wasn’t that hard after re reading the directions. Now I have a pitch plane servo throw issue. The servo has a much larger throw forward toward the bow (up planes) than rear ward (down planes). So with the WTC in the hull and the links connected and the pitch planes neutral I get decent down plane travel but for up planes it pulls the magnetic couplers apart at max up travel. I don’t have much adjustment left in the screwed on coupler or inside the WTC at the servo. Why does the servo rotate farther one way than the other? I have tried changing the rod connection hole on the servo arm and even rotating the servo on the gear with no real difference.
    Any suggestions? I thought servos should have equal travel in either direction.
  • llangston1
    Lieutenant
    • Sep 2013

In addition I also have this pitch plane jitter only when the motor is running. Any ideas as to the cause of that. Xmitter too close to the WTC? Something else?

Comment

• type7
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Apr 2009

In the first video, make sure all the horns( linkage points) are at 90 degrees and there is no offset in center position on the transmitter (no trim adjustment). Should be able to limit servo travel in the transmitter too. For the 2nd video, some combinations of angle keeper and receivers do that, possibly motor vibration felt by the angle keeper. Should run fine in the water.

Comment

• llangston1
        Lieutenant
        • Sep 2013

Thx for the comments. I have enough up plane Throw on the yokes. They are hard stopped against the rudder yoke so they can’t move any more but the control servo has more throw so it keeps pulling the rod and separating the mag connector. When I used the old style ball and socket coNnectors I guess the servo just stalled out why the yokes hit a hard stop. As for adjusting servo throw I am not sure how to do that on this Futaba Attack-4 xmitter. I have never messed with any adjustments on it and not sure if it has any other than a reverse travel switch for the channels.

Comment

• a1965l
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Apr 2020

Sadly, you're stuck there. The attack 4 isn't a computer radio. You might want to consider making some kind of mechanical limiter that stops the throw of the control stick before you seperate the connectors.
          "It does not take so many words to speak the truth" Chief Joseph

Comment

• llangston1
            Lieutenant
            • Sep 2013

Well my rig might be a dinosaur but it still works, for now! Honestly I probably should have stayed with the original ball and socket connectors as they never gave me any problems but too late to go back now. I can just self limit the throw for now. it should be ready for open waters soon.

Comment

• type7
              Lieutenant Commander
              • Apr 2009

I usually put a soda straw sleeve around the the connectors so they stay in plane when they pull apart. This way the linkage reconnects instead of falling down away. Very irritating to have to pull the sub out of the water and open it up to push the connectors back in place.

Comment

• a1965l
                Lieutenant Commander
                • Apr 2020

^^^ This ^^^ sheer simple genius.
                "It does not take so many words to speak the truth" Chief Joseph

Comment

Working...