• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roedj
    Captain
    • Sep 2008

Availability of SubDriver individual parts - when, if ever

David/Mike,

When, if ever, will one be able to purchase individual parts from the various SubDrivers? I am particularly interested in the SNORT manifolds and the flapper-doodle thingamabob that is on top of the SubDriver to let air out in order to flood the ballast tank.

Sorry for the use of highly technical language,

Dan
    Flapper Doodles
    100.00%
    Vent Valve
    0.00%
    Born in Detroit - where the weak are killed and eaten.
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

LOL

God!... I love technical-talk.

Yeah, Mike has been at me from day-one of our association to do just as you suggest: come up with a part-number, price, so he can stock up, advertise, and sell the individual SD parts.

You must be sick of my default response to any new request, that I don't have the time yet to address that issue. But, it's true ... Mike and Lance have cursed me with much more work than I can handle in a typical work-day. I lately work six days a week and put in about 10-12 a day. I'M NOT *****ING! This is a wonderful situation; I love this work. But, there are so many related things left undone and no one else to do it right. One poor sole has waited patiently over four years for me to finish his RTR sub! But, I'm getting product out of the door in a more timely manner and the old commitments are nearing completion. The day is around the corner when I'll be caught up. Recent enhancements to my production methodology and specialized tools employed for some tasks has reduced some of the labor around here. And I'm always on the lookout for better ways to streamline things in the shop.

For example, just the other day I came up with a means of enhancing shop productivity: I shove the handle of a broom up my ass at the beginning of the work-day, and by evening time the place is clean as a whistle. Ever watch, 'The Pajama Game'?

About the parts you asked about: I'm not blowing you off, Dan. Just know that the individual SD part list and support is, 'on the list'.

E-mail me, I'll fix you up.

David,
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• roedj
      Captain
      • Sep 2008

David,

Thanks for the assistance.

In determining my requirements for SNORT manifolds does WTC diameter play a role? The part that sits on top has a curved bottom and I'm wondering if you have different manifolds for different sizes of SubDrivers. I need these to retrofit different Merriman SubDrivers that I have acquired over the years although most of them are 3.5" and one is 3". I'll come up with an exact count and sizes (if needed) shortly and email my needs to you with my shipping address.

At this point in time I not sure I need any flapper-doodles although one of them on a 3.5" SubDriver has seen better days. Perhaps it's just a surface stain and has no effect on performance.

Don't forget to let me know what I owe you (or Caswell) for this kind service.

Thanks again,

Dan

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Dan,

(Holy Smoke! I better behave, the long-knifes are out!)

Just cut in a new radius at the bottom of the manifold(s) that sits atop the SD, there's enough material to let you do that. I size them to fit a 2" radius, so you have to broaden out the curved base a bit to fit the 2.5 and 3.5SD's. No big deal.

Give me the list, damit!

David,
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• roedj
          Captain
          • Sep 2008

David,

email sent - subject line is "SNORT manifolds + other parts"

Thanks again,

Dan

Comment

Working...