X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Up Periscope problem

Dave, As you know I purchased the Up Periscope and Virtual Goggle system. I initially tested it several weeks ago and it worked. This weekend I started following the instructions on reducing the size of the power input so that it would fit within the provided WTC. After I removed the voltage regulator from the big plug and wired it up and put the shrink wrap on it, I decided to test it. At that point I realized it no longer works. So I removed the shrink wrap and tested voltage at the board. I have nine volts coming in and 5 volts going out into the camera. I think the camera is functioning because after 10 or 15 mins of having the batt. attached to the camera and then removed, the batt. no longer reads 9 volts but 8.75 volts. Also when I first tested it several weeks ago I had to adjust the knob to get it to tune in so to speak. It was like splitting hairs to get it to come in. So I spent about an hour the other nite slowly turning that knob trying to find the signal from the camera but to no avail. Noting your instructions I paid close attention to polarity and not even for an instant did I connect it backwards. My concern is that the instructions speak of only using the black and red wires when there are others that are there. Perhaps they are needed?
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Click image for larger version

Name:	hobby 020.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	60554Click image for larger version

Name:	hobby 025.jpg
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	60553Click image for larger version

Name:	hobby 017.jpg
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	60552Click image for larger version

Name:	hobby 016.jpg
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	60551Click image for larger version

Name:	hobby 018.jpg
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	60550 Here are some pictures of the work that I did on it.Click image for larger version

Name:	hobby 019.jpg
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	60549
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

Working...