X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • silentrunner777
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Apr 2014

Instructions?

Where do I find/download assembly instructions for 3.5" Subdriver. I have all the parts in nice plastic bags, but don't know how it all goes together. Still waiting on the single motor bulkhead kit. Also. the end cap on my older D&E WTC fits nice and tight. The 3.5 falls out with little effort.

Michael
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Try this link: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...r+instructions
    Click on the second listing
    Last edited by greenman407; 09-13-2016, 11:20 PM.
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• greenman407
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

Heres a video on it too:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IgZ_M5t2l0
      IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• silentrunner777
        Lieutenant, Junior Grade
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by greenman407
        Appreciated, however, I have the new style. The video is for the old one I have in my Virginia Class SSN. http://sub-driver.com/index.php/sub-...inder-kit.html

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by silentrunner777

Appreciated, however, I have the new style. The video is for the old one I have in my Virginia Class SSN. http://sub-driver.com/index.php/sub-...inder-kit.html
          I was looking in the sections here for an thread that would help you. I find that most of those are now dead-links. Mr. Caswell has been informed and he's working with the webmaster to get those back up on the forum. Are there any specific questions about the 3.5 SD I can answer here?

M
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• silentrunner777
            Lieutenant, Junior Grade
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

I was looking in the sections here for an thread that would help you. I find that most of those are now dead-links. Mr. Caswell has been informed and he's working with the webmaster to get those back up on the forum. Are there any specific questions about the 3.5 SD I can answer here?

M
            David,

All I really need to know is how/where do all these parts fit in the 3.5" acrylic tube, and do I have to remove the already installed rear BT bulkhead to install additional parts. As the the tube is somewhat pre-marked/pre-drilled, I am guessing I received a returned part. The forward end cap is also too small and is not retained by the 'O'rings.

Michael

Comment

• Aug 2008

David,

All I really need to know is how/where do all these parts fit in the 3.5" acrylic tube, and do I have to remove the already installed rear BT bulkhead to install additional parts. As the the tube is somewhat pre-marked/pre-drilled, I am guessing I received a returned part. The forward end cap is also too small and is not retained by the 'O'rings.

Michael
              Did you purchase the 30" long cylinder, 3.5" diameter SD kit? Or is all this cobbled together from Mike's rummage sale? I'm not being a smart-ass. Your answer will help me formulate an answer. I'm as anxious for you to be successful with this project as you are.

M
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• silentrunner777
                Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                • Apr 2014

I bought what I thought was a new 3.5 Sd kit and single motor bulkhead kit right off of the SD website. I was also informed at the time of order that it would be 4-6 weeks out. I received the SD kit-less motor bulkhead kit in less than 2 weeks. The rear BT bulkhead is already installed, and drilled /mounted with the bolts. I received 3 bags of small parts and the conduit tube, but virtually no instructions to assemble the parts. I am stumped at this point as i do not see how the system, as supplied, pumps water back out of the tank. Guess I am getting dumb in my old age.

Your order #100001841

Placed on August 26, 2016 9:59:50 PM EDT
                3.5 Sub-driver SIngle Motor Bulkhead Kit SD35SMS 1 $195.00
                30" 3.5 Sub-driver Cylinder Kit SD35CK 1 $245.00
                Propeller C type 5 Blade Right 2.2" Diam R184-13 1 $54.00
                Subtotal $494.00

Comment

• silentrunner777
                  Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                  • Apr 2014

This is what I have so far, as received.

Comment

• Aug 2008

I bought what I thought was a new 3.5 Sd kit and single motor bulkhead kit right off of the SD website. I was also informed at the time of order that it would be 4-6 weeks out. I received the SD kit-less motor bulkhead kit in less than 2 weeks. The rear BT bulkhead is already installed, and drilled /mounted with the bolts. I received 3 bags of small parts and the conduit tube, but virtually no instructions to assemble the parts. I am stumped at this point as i do not see how the system, as supplied, pumps water back out of the tank. Guess I am getting dumb in my old age.
                    Fair enough. You received the basic 3.5" cylinder kit. The after ballast bulkhead is installed the correct distance from the after end of the cylinder in order to make room for the separately purchased motor-bulkhead with its attached aluminum device tray and mounting bulkhead. As only you can determine the amount of ballast tank you need for your specific need, the forward ballast bulkhead is not installed, that's up to you.

provided with the cylinder kit is the vertical type snorkel assembly and the other items that will assemble into the SAS type ballast sub-system. You'll need to purchase the larger air pump and its controller. Here's a look-see on how the plumbing goes:

As to the loose fit of the forward bulkhead: Remove the O-rings and build up the height of the O-ring grooves with thick formula CA. That should tighten the fit between O-rings and inside of the cylinder.

David
                    Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 09-14-2016, 11:21 PM.
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• silentrunner777
                      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                      • Apr 2014

Thank you David, that makes a bit more sense. Any photos of a complete system would be helpful.

Can this be operated on a 4 ch. system? Y-harness for pump and BT vent valve?

Michael

Comment

• Aug 2008

Thank you David, that makes a bit more sense. Any photos of a complete system would be helpful.

Can this be operated on a 4 ch. system? Y-harness for pump and BT vent valve?

Michael
                        Let's see what I can dig up out of my COLOSSUS/GUARDIAN CPU hard-drive ("now ... run!")

If you go without the bow/sail planes, yes, you can get away with only four-channels of operation.

And, yes, you use a Y-lead to gang the ballast sub-system servo and LPB's MPC together so they operate as one off channel-4 (or when commanded by the fail-safe device).

David

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• silentrunner777
                          Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                          • Apr 2014

Thank you. Becoming more clear, though I won't have much room in the sail area (Alfa SSN), these do help. As a suggestion, perhaps the SD description could include that the pump and pump control need to also be purchased. am somewhat PO'd that a week after I receive mine, they now sell for 70.00 less, which is almost the equivalent of said pump and pump control.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Thank you. Becoming more clear, though I won't have much room in the sail area (Alfa SSN), these do help. As a suggestion, perhaps the SD description could include that the pump and pump control need to also be purchased. am somewhat PO'd that a week after I receive mine, they now sell for 70.00 less, which is almost the equivalent of said pump and pump control.
                            Send me your address and I'll send you a horizaontal type snorkel mechanism -- that will fit within the ALFA's sail

The LPB and attached motor controller come with the assembled SD's, not the SD kit. The catalog listing is clear on that.

Can't help you with price changes -- I don't sell retail. Mike does.

M
                            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• silentrunner777
                              Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                              • Apr 2014

Thanks David, you have a PM.

Michael

Comment

Working...