X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reddevil
    Commander
    • Jun 2009

Problems with trumpeter seawolf subdriver motor

Hi again from Madrid. The original installed motor failed and I changed it with a 300 - 6V moyor. It's been working fine till, some weeks ago, failed too. FOUR more motors (two 280 and two 33
  • reddevil
    Commander
    • Jun 2009

problems with trumpeter seawolf subdriver drive motor

My silly hand pushed INTRO befora finishong the post. Please, excuse me. As I was saying, FOUR motros killed in a month: two 280 and two 300, all rated for 6 Volts. Is that the problem? May they be for 7,2 volts? The motors were GRAUPNER SPEED.What is the correct motor to be installed?

Regards.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Those motors are fine. Not much difference between 6 and 7.4-volts, no big deal there.

Is the running gear binding anywhere?

David,
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• reddevil
        Commander
        • Jun 2009

No, it seems to run completely free and clear. Have greased the shaft with silicone grease, and it works fine ashore but, after only five minutes running in water, the motor dies. I'm thinking about checking with a GRAUPNER SPEED 300 for 7,2 Volts.

Comment

• reddevil
          Commander
          • Jun 2009

You were right, of course. THE SHAFT WAS REALLY BINDING. There was misalingnement because I dindn't checked this matter after changing the motors, and that caused the motors to overheat and burn.
          Lesson learnt.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by reddevil
            You were right, of course. THE SHAFT WAS REALLY BINDING. There was misalingnement because I dindn't checked this matter after changing the motors, and that caused the motors to overheat and burn.
            Lesson learnt.
            I AM ALL POWERFUL! ...

... never doubt me.

(I could have been a smart-ass and told you to install a water-cooling system).

David,
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• reddevil
              Commander
              • Jun 2009

Never dared to have any doubt about. The problem seems to be the alignemet of the shaft mounted on the drive motor. I don't have the elements I've seen in your cabal reports to do so. Let's have to look for a workshop here around that have them or think any way to do it at home.

Comment

Working...