Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

LEXAN TUBE crack fixer!

Sometimes you may see crazing and cracking on your cylinder, Usually around holes drilled into the tube.
    I have discovered a really good fix to this called Permatex Windshield Repair Kit.

This liquid is basically Methyl Methacrylate (plexiglass, Lexan) and it will melt Lexan and weld it together.

All you have to do over crazed areas is give the area a good clean (Softscrub 600 wet 'n dry etc) and then liberally brush the liquid over the area. Let the part sit overnight and the liquid will gradually permeate into the cracks and harden.
    For large cracks, try to push the crack slightly open and then place a few drops on and along the crack. The liquid will capillerate into the crack. Let the part close together and secure in that position with tape or a rubber band and leave overnight. A second thin coating over the repair will finally seal the crack.

P16067
    Permatex® Bullseye™ Windshield Repair Kit kit $13.59
    Available at Caswell Inc
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

Thanks Mike,
    a great tip and product. Talk about total service - well done.

Whilst I don't have any cracks in any SDs - nice to know that this product is available. Will you ship this OS or would you recommend I find an Aussie supplier?

Best
    John
    Last edited by Slats; 03-02-2009, 06:18 PM. Reason: spelling
    John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Kazzer
      • Aug 2008

John

Get hold of my brother Paul Davies in Melbourne - he is our distributor there and may carry this (I don't know exactly what his lines are)

If he doesn't have it, he can order a couple or so with his next shipment.
      Please don't expect US prices, VAT, brokerage and air shipping takes a toll - literally.
      Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by kazzer
        Sometimes you may see crazing and cracking on your cylinder, Usually around holes drilled into the tube.
        I have discovered a really good fix to this called Permatex Windshield Repair Kit.

This liquid is basically Methyl Methacrylate (plexiglass, Lexan) and it will melt Lexan and weld it together.

All you have to do over crazed areas is give the area a good clean (Softscrub 600 wet 'n dry etc) and then liberally brush the liquid over the area. Let the part sit overnight and the liquid will gradually permeate into the cracks and harden.
        For large cracks, try to push the crack slightly open and then place a few drops on and along the crack. The liquid will capillerate into the crack. Let the part close together and secure in that position with tape or a rubber band and leave overnight. A second thin coating over the repair will finally seal the crack.

P16067
        Permatex® Bullseye™ Windshield Repair Kit kit $13.59
        Available at Caswell Inc
        Me want! .... me want now!!!

Add to my next order, please, Mike.

David,
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Slats
          Vice Admiral
          • Aug 2008

Hey Mike thanks,
          a big auto chain here carry's it for around $27A.

Its definitely something I am going to get to have on hand in the workshop.
          Much appreciate you seeking this out. :)

best
          John
          John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
          Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

Working...