X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Proboat Miss Budweiser 1/12th

Proboat offers ready to run boats for very little money. You really cant beat it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	flash drive 2 720.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	99970Click image for larger version

Name:	flash drive 2 721.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	99968Click image for larger version

Name:	flash drive 2 718.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	99969 This paint scheme is no longer available since there is no more Miss Budweiser with the passing of Bernie Little but other schemes are offered. It is the same boat underneath. It is about 24" long and is powered by a pull start .15 glow engine. I replaced the pull start with a Tigerdrive. That is a retrofit kit that they offer where you use a hand held starter unit powered by a standard Nicd or Nimh 6 cell pack. It makes it a whole lot easier I assure you! Its a neat little boat that will probably hit 35 mph. One of these days Im going to get myself one of those hobbiest speed detecters so that I dont have to guess. Anyway this is a great way to get started in fast model boating. One of the curious things about fast model boats is that in most cases you cant just set your boat into the water, climb back up the bank and give it the gas and go. NO! That wont work! These boats have to be launched. The pitch is so high on these propellors and the RPMs so great that if you set it in the water it will just sit there and not move, the water will just instantly cavitate behind and around the prop as if turning in a vacuum. You need forward motion. So you throw your boat into the water with a strong forward motion. It helps to have a friend assist you. That would be helpful but its not necessary as I have been doing it by myself for over 20 years, even my big ones. This is because most of these boats are direct drive with no gearbox or clutch. Most of these boats are by no means scale but close renderings. Well this boat is good in that department except for the air intake scoop. It is hugely out of proportion to the real thing. The only other thing I could say that they could improve on is that the rudder servo is a bit anemic , causing the boat to make wider turns than its really capable of. Other than that its a real winner.
    Last edited by greenman407; 01-26-2012, 01:13 PM.
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Well ,I was running this boat on a small pond a year or so ago and that anemic servo bit me. I was making a tight turn and she couldnt quite make it and it ran dead into the only boulder on the whole pond with a WACK! Well , back at the shop I patched her up with fiberglass cloth and epoxy. Sanded it down and repainted and back on the water she went. This is the only picture that I have of the whole incident, I was so disgusted. It shows the smashed sponson in the final stages of repair.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2009_0503Seaviewbattery4-30080004.jpg
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	66290

Comment

• greenman407
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

Before she goes into the water again I gotta do something about that servo.

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Called PROBOAT today and talked to their tech guy who recomended the JR servo # JRPSZ590. Its on the way. Nice people.

Comment

• greenman407
          Admiral
          • Feb 2009

Well, here it is. Now I dont have an excuse anymore.Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer 484.jpg
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	66715Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer 483.jpg
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	66716Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer 485.jpg
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	66717

Comment

• greenman407
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

A recent picture with her stablemate, the Albacore.Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 986.jpg
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	91420 This boat originally came with a pull start. There is nothing worse than a pull start glow engine, I can tell you that right now. Anyway, I updated it to the Tiger drive. Thats a hand held starter that has a long metal shaft that you engage a gearbox on the front of the motor. That was a worthwhile purchase.

Comment

• crazygary
              Captain
              • Sep 2012

Looks awesomely FAST!!!! Nice!

CG

Comment

• greenman407
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

I recently was running one of these boats with the older AM radios that I have been using for years. It started acting up and I thought I might lose it. THATS IT! No MORE AM radios I said to myself. Since then Ive been upgrading en-mass. Ive used up all my Sombras and Leptons , so I bought more of the Spektrum Marine Receivers and have been putting them in everything thats left. Great radio and receivers. 2.4 GHz so they are for surface only.Click image for larger version

Name:	SPMMR200_a0.jpg
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	91566Click image for larger version

Name:	photo1.jpg
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	91567

Comment

Working...