X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

35" twin brushless catamaran

I ran across these people on EBAY. A Chinese company that seems to have it all together. I ordered this hull from them yesterday. The slow boat from China should have it here in a couple of weeks. After I receive it, Ill then order the two brushless water cooled motors and the two 120 amp ESCs and counter-rotating props and udder stuff.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	720442800_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	103550Click image for larger version

Name:	720442819_o.jpg
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	103551Click image for larger version

Name:	720442824_o.jpg
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	103552Click image for larger version

Name:	770410256_o.jpg
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	103553Click image for larger version

Name:	$_57 (2).JPG
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	103554Click image for larger version

Name:	$_57.JPG
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	103555
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Its supposed to hit 80 mph. The ESCs that he sells, are not water proof. So Ill be looking into that. Ill be using the now discontinued Spektrum DX2E 2.4 ghz radio that I have had so much success with. I can still find receivers for it on Ebay. His method of water cooling I dont like. He sticks brass water tubes down into the water. I have personally experienced many handling problems and lots of drag by using such a system. Ive got a better system in mind that has no drag penalty's with it. As far as a paint job for it , I think I will use the black/silver/red of the Budweiser Select/Bacardi silver boat, without the lettering and logos, unless I can find some in this boats scale.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	E8O2183.jpg
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	98641Click image for larger version

Name:	bacardisilver1.jpg
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	98642Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	98643

Comment

• greenman407
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

I did take delivery of this hull. I am impressed. So much so I just ordered the 2 540 brushless motors from them. We decided that since I will be running on 6s Lipo, that the motors will be of the 1800 kv type. Also 2 40mm counter rotating props and 2 water jackets for the motors. Since they dont sell water proof ESCs there, I will buy my 120 amp ESCs somewhere else.

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

The elsewhere was Gonotro Hobbies. They had 2 completely waterproff 120 amp ESCs made by "Dynamite". I have taken delivery of them and am STILL waiting on the motors and props from CHINA................................STILL! Tracking says they made it to the states. They are in Chicago.....in transit.

Comment

• greenman407
          Admiral
          • Feb 2009

The slow boat from China arrived today.......................FINALLY! Beautiful, good quality product, or so it appears. Two huge Honkin motors with 5mm shafts with factory flatspot, with water cooling jackets and two 40mm counter-rotating aluminum props. I have everything else I need except the water cooling pickups......another slow boat from China. I wonder If it has set sail yet? Its either on a sail driven Sampan or on the Kobiashi Maru with 9 scheduled stops before it reaches the U.S.

Comment

• HardRock
            Vice Admiral
            • Mar 2013

It's official... you are a MADMAN Mark.

Comment

• greenman407
              Admiral
              • Feb 2009

Coming from you............thats quite the compliment. I will Endeavor to wear the label well.

Comment

• greenman407
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

Here is one of the 120 amp ESCs, it takes two of them. And here is the programmer for the ESCs

Comment

• greenman407
                  Admiral
                  • Feb 2009

Today, was the day. Ive been working so much lately, that it was nice to get in some build time on this project. I installed the two motors on there mounts. What a Pain. Trying to get those screws to thread in where you cant even get your fingers. And then put blue loctite on them as you are slowly, methodically, laboriously, 1000th of an inch at a time, threading them down in. Then installing the receiver and hooking up the rudder and servo and linkage. Then the water cooling. Here you can see these special mounts that hold the tube in the water stream being thrown off by the props. In the first picture you can see the drive line angle that I have set up in relation to the bottom of the hull. A very important adjustment if you want to keep your boat from blowing off the water every time you nail it coming out of a corner. Next time, the ESCs.
                  Last edited by greenman407; 08-23-2015, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• greenman407
                    Admiral
                    • Feb 2009

The rest of em. In this shot you can see how deep the rudder is in relation to the boat. It needs it to keep it in the water.

Comment

• greenman407
                      Admiral
                      • Feb 2009

Today I was installing the two ESCs when I inadvertently shorted out one of the ESCs and a 3s Lipo.

Comment

• greenman407
                        Admiral
                        • Feb 2009

As the wires started to get really...........Really HOT...............I quickly disconnected the Lipo by pulling apart the deans plug connectors.
                        First of all I am VERY surprised that the LIPO didnt cook off immediately. Then I decided to check to see if the ESC still functioned. Unbelievably, it still works well.
                        IDIOT....with a capital I. I dont know if its a matter of "Fortune favoring the Foolish" of just Good Clean Livin but the Boat and I survived the Mishap.

Comment

• greenman407
                          Admiral
                          • Feb 2009

You know, thats very interesting. Many of the pictures in the last few posts of mine have disappeared. That coincides with my deleting them from Photobucket. I guess that they are somehow linked. I guess I wont erase any more pictures from Photobucket.

Comment

• greenman407
                            Admiral
                            • Feb 2009

At anyrate, this thing is ready for the water. Pictures to follow. Good Night.

Comment

• greenman407
                              Admiral
                              • Feb 2009

Pictures:::

Comment

Working...