X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Proboat blackjack 29

Ive got an Interview on Monday morning. If I get the job, Ill order one of these. The newest from Proboat. I have the Blackjack 26 ,but this is going to the next level. More on it later. Too bad Mr. C, doesnt carry these, or Id buy it from him.Click image for larger version

Name:	udy5uhyz.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	103133Click image for larger version

Name:	prb4150-action-07.jpg
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	103134Click image for larger version

Name:	$_20.JPG
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	103135Click image for larger version

Name:	2E7771ED-84A3-4BE2-8C36-3B093E34E55E-3264-0000074FE36F6554.jpg
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	103136Click image for larger version

Name:	03.jpg
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	103137
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

OK, got this this morning from the friendly, in a hurry , FEDEX guy. It was packaged very well and its bigger than I thought. Very nice construction. After I run it Ill give you my impressions.Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 970.jpg
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	91412With the waterproof clear cover off.Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 972.jpg
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	91413 With the clear cover on.Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 974.jpg
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	91414 With the cowling on.Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 976.jpg
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	91415Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 978.jpg
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	91416Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 980.jpg
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	91417Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 982.jpg
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	91418Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 984.jpg
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	91419

Comment

• greenman407
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

The exit for the water cooling nipple was in the way of the Battery storage. So I moved it back out of the way. I also trimmed some of the internal wood reinforcing, to make it easier the get the batterys in and out. It comes with a programing card for the ESC. Factory default is for the boat to run at 80%. Thats no good. Ill be reprograming that for sure after the first runs. Also you can increase the motor timing for more output as well. Ill let you know on Friday, how she ran.

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Sorry, no photographer was available yesterday as I hit the water. I was quite pleased however at the performance of this boat. The very first picture that I posted on this thread, way at the beginning, is exactly what I saw. I couldnt open it all the way up as it would have blew off the water. Ill be moving the batterys forward some more to get more weight forward, to help keep it on the water.
        Using my new "no contact" temperature gauge, my motor temperature was in the low 120s. The batterys though were in the low 140s. Not good. They are 11.1 volt 25c lipos. They wont be able to handle repeated High drains. Ill relegate them to Submarine only duties. For the High drain stuff using dual Lipos, Ill need to get two more, at a higher c rating.Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 1205.jpg
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	91542Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 1207.jpg
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	91543

Comment

• greenman407
          Admiral
          • Feb 2009

As far as future mods to this boat is concerned, I cant think of any. Right out of the box, after you program the ESC, with the included card, youve got just about the Max power that a 29" boat can take. With two 3s batterys in series , your running 6s power. Its going to be hard to keep it on the water. However, you can also cruise around with it and enjoy the scenery. Its ESC is not merely off and on like some boats. A good range of throttle..............Oh............by the way...............try hitting one of these with a Torp.............dude.

Comment

• greenman407
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

Using 20c and 25c batterys in this will be short lived. They get too hot. Im getting ready to get some 45c for this. Supposed to be the best available, everyone raves about them, except for the price.http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/pro...tery-Pack.aspx

Comment

• greenman407
              Admiral
              • Feb 2009

On to the water we went. I lowered the drive down as far as it would go to get the thrust of the prop to push the bow down....not up. Also experimented with battery position some as well. Heres what I came up with.

Comment

• greenman407
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

In these first two pictures, I tore out the cheap piece of white flotation foam that was in the way. Ill replace it with a nice piece of purple closed cell foam when I am done. If you look way up in there you will be able to see a piece of 1/2" aluminum angle. I silicon-ed that down to the deck to prevent the batterys from sliding forward. They sit right in a little cubby hole formed by the shape of the sponsons. We will try that and see how the boat rides.Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 1355.jpg
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	91745Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 1356.jpg
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	91746Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 1357.jpg
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	91747Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 1360.jpg
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	91748Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 1363.jpg
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	91749

Comment

• greenman407
                  Admiral
                  • Feb 2009

OK......Back on the water, with photographer in tow. Re-positioning the batterys did help, but, Ill have to do more. Ive adjusted the strut angle as much as I can. Now Ill modify the stuffing box tube by cutting it down a little bit to enable me to go somewhat negative on the angle of the strut and prop. So for next time we will see the improvement. Videos to come. They take a long time to Upload.Click image for larger version

Name:	050.jpg
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	98508Click image for larger version

Name:	035.jpg
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	98509

Comment

• greenman407
                    Admiral
                    • Feb 2009

1st video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URty...ature=youtu.be

Comment

• greenman407
                      Admiral
                      • Feb 2009

As youll see in this video......Ive lost my antenna tube and fairing. DOOOOHHH!!!
                      Continuing to test. Needs some more negative angle on the prop strut but much improved handling. At least I can open it up.

Comment

• bwi 971
                        Captain
                        • Jan 2015

A little bit of topic here on the forum…but hell….they were made by craftsmen.

My attention was pulled to the hunka hunka burning car sitting in the corner.......together with the “Porsche 917 gulf” and the “Bentley Speed 8" the "Mazda 787B" is one of my favorites group C / Lemans race cars.

Excellent choice…..so is your Blackjack…..both are extremely fast.

grtz,
                        Bart
                        Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience.
                        "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• Von Hilde
                          Rear Admiral
                          • Oct 2011

Thats a pritty quick boat, Mark. You need a bigger pond. The kids down here race the 72s with those MHZ Jet Cat Marine turbines. Some with 2 counter rotating SPM5 25Cs. They put out up to 28,000 rpm ,programmable. We have a lot of open flat water in the summer. Litterally fly over the water with the prop still in. When they "stuff' a sponson on them, they disintagrate. (just like the big ones) Little pricey for me. One motor is 6 Gs. Well, almost annyway. $5999.00 No need to hit them with a torpedo, they blow themselves up. I'm too old, the eyes couldnt keep up with one. to controll it. Slow and easy like a turtle and a sneekey sub

Comment

• greenman407
                            Admiral
                            • Feb 2009

Thanks Bart. Of course, like everything else I own.......its not stock. 13 Turn Team Brood hand wound motor and full bearings all the way around. Keeping rubber on it has been a problem, only its not rubber but foam. Tamiya had there own wheel bolt pattern and its real weird. Trying to adapt Jaco and BSM tires and wheels to it is a challenge. But I did it with my Kyosho Indy car, so ill get er done on this.

Comment

• greenman407
                              Admiral
                              • Feb 2009

Von Hilde, Yeah those boats are "TOO" big. I like the smaller ones. The biggest boat I have is 50" and I dont think that I would want anything bigger. Being that its a deep vee....its relatively narrow as compared to a 50" long cat, that would be much wider.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx44...ature=youtu.be
                              Who is that Handsome looking Gent running that boat?

Comment

Working...