X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Warehouse hobbies silex

Spotted this on Ebay last week. Its made by Warehouse Hobbies in Lake Placid Florida. The owner there is Tony Castronova. When I was having trouble with my International Hobbies Cobra, I made a visit to his shop, and he took time out to help me with it. He makes his own engines and hulls and hardware. Since then I have been using them as a source for my "Gas" boating needs.
    The Silex is quite a departure from your average Gas powered boat. When I say "Gas" I dont mean Nitro. I mean pump gas and oil. Basically chain saw(weedwacker) motors that have been marinized(water cooled). At anyrate, this boat has a very shallow deadrise and has an extremely highly modified motor. Havent got it yet but its in the mail.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-11-19 10.17.33_Silex.Pro-600x600.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	116761
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Heres a shot of the M6 motor. The initials of T.C.(tony castrovova) can be seen on spacer between carb and cyl. Hum......must be a gooden. Sometimes these High Mod engines are a pain to start. I had a modified Homelite race Mod engine back in the 90s that took four men and a Boy to pull the starter cord. Needless to tell you that the cord lasted about as long as my patience. Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l500.jpg Views:	1 Size:	48.1 KB ID:	116766
    Last edited by greenman407; 10-11-2016, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• HardRock
      Vice Admiral
      • Mar 2013

I reiterate my earlier comments..... you are a MADMAN!!!!!

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Thank you. I consider it a compliment because my Sanity is always in question. You know, you can always Trust the insane people to be insane, you don't have to worry about them. Everyone knows who they are , they are a known quantity, quite frankly it's the sane people that you have to watch out for, they can Crack at anytime
        Last edited by greenman407; 10-12-2016, 06:21 PM. Reason: editing my foolish banter

Comment

• Albion
          Captain
          • Dec 2008

I worked with a guy who had been put inside twice. He was one of those folks who they say walked a thin line between brilliance and insanity. Amongst his many exploits he had flown Gladiators during the war.
          I was 18 and went away on a service job with him. One night after dinner , we were in the bar he got into a discussion with one of the locals, which quickly spiraled into an argument. The local accused him of being mad, Mad Jack quickly denied this and pulled out a slip of paper from his pocket. It stated that he was a sane man, he showed it to his accuser and asked him to provide similar evidence as to his sanity!!!! Argument stopped to beat them all
          Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• greenman407
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

Hah! That's a gooden

Comment

Working...