Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Still breaking in the new engine. I got it into the water a couple of weeks ago and the boat definitely liked the higher setting on the prop. In the meantime I ordered some 50% nitro fuel in preparation for completion of the break in period.
    Here is some new livery that I put on.
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• greenman407
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

We went down to the Channel I use for race boats. Puttered around a bit. Did manage to get this Aerotech up to its fastest speeds yet......to such a point I blew it completely off the water. A BEAUTIFUL blowover. You shoulda seen it! Too bad the camera didnt catch it. I definately need to put some weight in the nose. The whole time we were out................we had some company. Hes only about 4 feet long but hes gonna get bigger. There are some MUCH bigger ones in here, Ive seen them.
      Last edited by greenman407; 09-25-2016, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• bwi 971
        Captain
        • Jan 2015

Did you asked witch SD it hs o/b Mark?
        She is light in the tail...she need some proper trimming/ meal.
        Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience.
        "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• greenman407
          Admiral
          • Feb 2009

Yes, I concure. The midsection seems heavy and the bow and stern seem light.

Comment

• greenman407
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

On my model boats I have been using 2.4ghz Spektrum radios with good result. However, I recently discovered a BLAST from the Past. On Ebay, as you know, people are getting rid of their 75mhz stuff. Well, low and behold, I spotted my FAVORITE radio of all time. The three channel Futaba Magnum pistol grip. I stay away from the AM stuff in favor of the FM versions, and I stay away from PCM for submarines but on surface craft and cars and trucks they work GREAT!!! The other day I picked up one of these for $20. Its here with me, been tested out and works great. All the little extras means that you can make lots of adjustments including mixing. But also its got so much stuff you need to download the manual. It even has a battery failsafe as well as a signal failsafe. Ill be integrating them into the boats. One three channel Ill use on the Swamp Buggy which needs a third channel to control the electric ducted fan. The Aerotech tunnel needs the third channel to control the on the fly needle valve. Picture to follow

Comment

• greenman407
              Admiral
              • Feb 2009

Click image for larger version

Name:	005.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	116274Had to shrink my pictures down first. Click image for larger version

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	116271

Name:	003.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	116272

Name:	004.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	116273
              When you grab hold of this radio, you know youve got a hold of something. It fills your hand and feels good, nice and weighty.

Comment

Working...