X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

AC MODEL BOATS PRO 40 HYDRO

Andy Stechenko from Canada makes great fiberglass hull model boats. When the weather in his neck of the woods cools down a little bit, Hes going to make me one of these. Im going to power it with a .67 nitro OPS engine and pipe. Ive already started collecting componants.
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Heres a few "Bits" for this boat. This OPS .67 inboard I got off of Ebay for a couple of hundred. I noticed after I got it that the carburetor was missing some parts. So on to the net to see what was available. OPS parts are notoriously hard to find. I did find one and one is all I needed. Its a really cool slide bore job. I also managed to procure a nice modified prop from a model boat Great.....Joe Monahan. Its got his own personal modification in the form of the notches cut at the hub and a change in blade shape and pitch.

Comment

• greenman407
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

I just placed the order with Andy for the hull. Aint Paypal cool?!

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Itll be here Friday

Comment

• greenman407
          Admiral
          • Feb 2009

Ive had this hull for a couple of months. I built a stand for it and now I wanted to get up some pictures. The hull is pretty big. It measures 38&1/2" long and 17" wide. Its somewhere between 1/8th scale and 1/10th. I bought it with "Sexy Orange" colored gelcoat to avoid the problems down the road of having to paint it for one and also scratched paint here and there. Its race legal for a .45 nitro motor. Im installing a .67 in it just for fun. This boat is awaiting its turn for my attentions......poor thing. Yes....AC model boats out of Canada make Fantastic, High quality boats out of Fiberglass.
          Last edited by greenman407; 03-11-2016, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• bwi 971
            Captain
            • Jan 2015

That will be a head-turning boat Mark.
            Grtz,
            Bart
            Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience.
            "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• greenman407
              Admiral
              • Feb 2009

Thanks Bart! In a couple of weeks I will start ordering Speedmaster rigging and hardware for it. I will display everything

Comment

Working...