X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

F3 OUTBOARD TUNNEL BRUSHLESS

Here we go. I saw this on Hobby King a couple of months ago and thought that it was very innovative, a Tunnel boat that its bow looks like a Hydro. At any rate they made me a good deal and I ordered it. Its going to run on 3s to start with, maybe 4s later. It needs a 160 amp ESC to get going. Should be pretty cool!
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

I did receive this boat. It has an Outrunner brushless motor as opposed to an Inrunner. For those who are not familiar with these, an outrunner has the shaft attached to the outside casing of the motor. So the motor casing actually spins. On this one the endbell on the motor is actually a fan and pulls air thru the motor. I prefer the Inrunner type and I have several of them ordered to modify this setup, as well as a few different props. At anyrate , here is what I got.
    Last edited by greenman407; 08-07-2015, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• greenman407
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

Here we go. I just got these off the slow boat. The motor on the left is the original. You can see how much bigger the new motor is. Also, the ESC. I got it off of Ebay for half the going rate. Sometimes the deals are there and sometimes they are not.
      Last edited by greenman407; 08-13-2015, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Here we go with the new modified motor in place. The brushless motor that I really want is on backorder with Fu Man Chu. This one will do in the interim.

Comment

Working...