X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

WAHOO!!! 1/200 Hornet - looks like its happening:

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Awesome!

Understand Trumpeter have assisted Merit International with this 1/200 kit.

Although the rivet counters look like they're condemning it before its released.

Looks great and I will buy one.

J
    John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic
  • herrmill
    Commander
    • Dec 2008

Nice find John! Interesting approach taking to Facebook to introduce a new release.

Damn shame their test shot got buggered up on its way to the Toy Fair.

Comment

• Slats
      Vice Admiral
      • Aug 2008

Yeah well lets hope it is released - abundantly able to be RC.

I'm buying the BB62 in 1/200 from Mike, so this will be great to have alongside it, although they never served together and the BB62 is the mod version with the Tomahawks.

J
      John Slater

Sydney Australia

Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• herrmill
        Commander
        • Dec 2008

John, it is, indeed, happening. Merit replied to an inquiry I sent them & advised its slated for release June-July with an official announcement to be made next month.

Comment

• Slats
          Vice Admiral
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by herrmill
          John, it is, indeed, happening. Merit replied to an inquiry I sent them & advised its slated for release June-July with an official announcement to be made next month.
          Indeed Chuck, got the same information via FB this morning.
          Not sure if they will cave into the rivet counter demands of re-working the hull, which to me looks pretty much ok. A key reason why I can't stand those IPMS people. By all means be pedantic in a big scale, but in 1/200 scale, were talking about poof-tenths of bugga all.

I've shelved the Bismark and BB62 - as I'm am about to be the proud owner of the Dean's Marine Fencer kit, which I build as the USS Bogue in 1/96!

J
          John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• herrmill
            Commander
            • Dec 2008

Yea, be interesting to see what will happen when it comes out since I highly doubt anyone is going to cut another tool if they are that far along.

Good to hear but good luck finding aircraft for that scale other than Dean's vac-u-formed kits.

Comment

• Slats
              Vice Admiral
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by herrmill
              Yea, be interesting to see what will happen when it comes out since I highly doubt anyone is going to cut another tool if they are that far along.

Good to hear but good luck finding aircraft for that scale other than Dean's vac-u-formed kits.
              Deans make the planes I need. No problems at all. They're resin by the way not vac formed. J
              John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

Working...