Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Battleships and their motors

We have several models which are in kit form. I don't have all the kits posted yet, but the RTR models are on our new site.
    Could anyone tell me what size motors and how many are needed for each ship?

See the models here

Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • satlite440
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Jul 2012

well im not shure but my target boat is 3 ft long and weighs about 9 pounds with both batts single drive shaft and i use a dumas 6vt moter and for a displacement hull goes very fast with a 40mm 4 blade prop. waiting to see how it does with the 60mm 3 blade brass one im waiting for..so 2 moter with short 12inch shafts should cruze pretty good.. as a side note on the next surface driver i make with my other dumas 6vt moters i will wind a water cooler pipe with propwash pickups to provide some extra cooling as it gets warm after 35-40 minits of consatant run time. won't burn your fingers but is warm..

Comment

• herrmill
      Commander
      • Dec 2008

Depending on which way you want to proceed, most of the ARTR models from KY or TJ come with brushed 550 & 400 motors with a 30A cheap ESC.

Your Trumpeter conversions certainly won't need those, especially if you plan to run all screws like with Arizona - something like a 250 would suffice which is what I used in the Sov I built, but then you'll find some like CMPANG going brushless.

Will you be adding Trumpy's new 1:200 Bismarck to your offering?

Comment

• Kazzer
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by herrmill
        Will you be adding Trumpy's new 1:200 Bismarck to your offering?
        No. We won't be carrying any plastic models in future, simply because there is no money in it. The distributors are difficult to deal with and all the other dealers are busy cutting each others throats on their selling prices.
        Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

Working...