X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reddevil
    Commander
    • Jun 2009

Supply ships

Well, this one is eight years old, scratch built following the original plans, cause this beuty is a real one my former shipping company had. None is serving with Spanish Navy under the name MAR CARIBE (Caribbean Sea). Has twin screws and rudders and bow thruster. Also rotating radar aerials, navigational lights and deck lights. I made her to keep on playing, because she manoeuvers pretty good: You can shift her sideways, spin on position and make close turns. Ad soon as I can find some one to come with me to the pond, will take some shots about. Also include some pics of her former bridge, beccause she founderer one at the pond due. Why, simply because the idiot writing this didn't screwed the deck and as ti's made of wood, ona day o rough weather with water on deck, it floated and leked inside. She went to the bottom and, still don't know how, we could rescue her. The bridge was blown away by the air trapped inside under de forecastle. SOme months later the pond was dryed for cleanning and I found the bridge there. You can see the life rafts are not in place, so the crew was saved.Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010015.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	101604Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010012.jpg
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	101605Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010013.jpg
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	101606Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010014.jpg
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	101607

Scale is more or less 1/50. LOA is 1,20 metres; weight: 15 Kg; and is powered with 2 6 V; 12Amp/h lead batteries. Also has a cooling pump for main drive motors. Receivers has a separated battery.
    Hope you enjoy it. I put the pictures of the wrecked bridge refering also to other thread about running aground vessels.
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Another example of, if the hull had been filled with foam, the hull would not have been sunk.

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• reddevil
      Commander
      • Jun 2009

Yes, and know she is because I've learnt lot of things here. Things that I didn't know when build her, and that was the results. If I had to build her again, her guts will be veeeeery different.

Comment

• Kazzer
        • Aug 2008

It's such a simple thing. (Filling the boat with foam!)

Reminds me of the Geico advert with the hamsters rowing."Row, row, row, It's such a simple word!?
        Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

Working...