X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shamrock
    Lieutenant
    • Jan 2009

more power

good morning guys.have a few questions first any way i can get more speed out of my gato ie different props,more voltage.i am running 7.2 nicads right now.second,i have seen the clear plastic rudder attachment on the nautilus do you think one on my gato will increase the turning radius?any imput on any of these problems will be greatly appreciated.thank you.
    horse power by the hour
  • pjdog
    Commander
    • Apr 2009

Good morning Shamrock:

It's jack, I'm in Ozona florida playing submarine. I think your Gato should have 11.1 v. batteries. I aked David when I got my Gato and he said 11.1v batteries not 7.2v. Caswell sells great lipo's you can put in together getting more power and longer runs.

later.

Comment

• pjdog
      Commander
      • Apr 2009

Shamrock:

Are you using Davids fittings kit propellers or the brass ones sold by Caswell. On my type VII's David's propellers are far superior to the brass ones. I was reall impressed when it made it's maiden voyage yesterday. My new type VII goes like a rocket. The first type VII is real scale, just kinds putt's along.

We need to get together and compare notes on subs. At a pond or pool some where in La.

Jack

Comment

• shamrock
        Lieutenant
        • Jan 2009

never worked with lipo's

hi pj thanks for feed back on more power.have always used nicad .first what is the start up cost and the durability /service life of the lipo's useing the props david supplyed with kit.thanks for the time to reply.on a scale of 1 to 10 how do you rate useing lipo's vs nicad
        horse power by the hour

Comment

• pjdog
          Commander
          • Apr 2009

Lipo's are better than nicads. They last longer and are lighter so you can zip alomg with less weight. Down side is your going to have to retrim your boat. You can place two lipos wired together and get a very long run time. all my subs are lipo's. The Gato has two lipos. the type VII's are to tight for two. My surface boats are nicads.

If you should have a leak your lipos will swell like up like a bubble. They will still work but are fat and most probably have a reduced live span.

Look at the gato stuff on caswell you'll see the battery stuff.

11.1v 1300mah each (2) with charger $ 66.00
          11.1v 3300mah each (2) with charger $ 160.00 - do these!

Later.

Jack
          Last edited by pjdog; 10-26-2009, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Working...