stop the lean

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • shamrock
    replied
    lean gone

    as i promised pics of gato in test tank lean gone.still need a little more foam
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • pjdog
    replied
    The boxes are still under construction but I did post some pictures. The box with the sliding drawer I like the best. I can get two boxes out of a 4'x8' sheet of plywood. Also two 8' 1'' 1/2 for framework. I should use smaller framing stock. The box not painted is the slider. There will be pink foam completely around the boat. All sides and it will be in a foam cradle. Two small handles for pulling the slider out. You can see the area under the sliding board that will hold tools and stuff. I have brass plated hinges and stop locks. I will post additional pictures when completed. I still have to add little feet for the side that drops down to hold it level. A latch lock at the top and paint. Maybe tomorrow.

    I do put sealer inside the box because of water to seal it and keep it from warping. I having a senior moment, can't think of the stuff I use. Polly something. I hate being old.

    Box will be Gray and have the 6 " U-295 in white on sides. Also the Caswell inc. and D & E Miniatures powered like the old' U-552 box in white (see U-552 (My first sub)Album).

    Jack
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pjdog; 09-13-2009, 08:37 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by pjdog
    Shamrock:

    The rain is really getting old isn't it. Our yard is so soft you can't step on it with out going up to your ankles in mud. It's been raining for so many days I can't remember how many days it's been raining.

    I started two more travel boxes for the type VII's. These have a place for tools and propel and stuff like that. One box drops the side. The boat slides out and the tools our under the slide. Then you can use the side as a place to do boat maintenance. The other has a tray that is carried above the boat. The tray lifts out and then the boat. Gave me something to do while mother nature floods us.

    Keep me posted on the Gato progress with the lean. I got my forward dive planes to rotate on my Gato. Still haven't hooked up the servo to use them yet. But it's still progress.

    jack
    Love the sound of that field box. Pictures!!!!

    David,

    Leave a comment:


  • pjdog
    replied
    Shamrock:

    The rain is really getting old isn't it. Our yard is so soft you can't step on it with out going up to your ankles in mud. It's been raining for so many days I can't remember how many days it's been raining.

    I started two more travel boxes for the type VII's. These have a place for tools and propel and stuff like that. One box drops the side. The boat slides out and the tools are under the slide. Then you can use the side as a place to do boat maintenance. The other has a tray that is carried above the boat. The tray lifts out and then the boat. Gave me something to do while mother nature floods us.

    Keep me posted on the Gato progress with the lean. I got my forward dive planes to rotate on my Gato. Still haven't hooked up the servo to use them yet. But it's still progress.

    jack
    Last edited by pjdog; 09-13-2009, 08:34 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • shamrock
    replied
    i added more weight to center of sub and a little more foam like david said to do .but this weekend rain would not let up so when it stoped for just a little bit i grabed test tank and draged it into house.bride is not to happy but sub is setting real good in water. need to find room for just a bit more foam.will post pics when done .thanks for help

    Leave a comment:


  • pjdog
    replied
    Shamrock:

    Is the lean (list) gone now?

    Jack

    Leave a comment:


  • pjdog
    replied
    Remember when I was complaining to you about my starboard list. See attached.


    9 onces of lead fixed it. Dead center in middle of hull.

    Jack

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Yeah, I'm with another poster here: Add a bit more weight in the keel and compensating foam up high (but under the waterline) where ever you can cram some in.

    I get the left/right roll when I empty the ballast tank, but the boat stabilizes when the tank is either completely full or empty.

    David,

    Leave a comment:


  • pjdog
    replied
    It looks like I have allot more lead ballast than your boat. Remember when was complaining about the same thing. I added 9 onces of lead to the center of the boat to correct it. Look in my album about that complaint. See attached pictures. Good luck.

    My boat sits level in the water now.

    Jack
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Anuci
    replied
    Shamrock, IMO, the Gato has a propensity to lean to either port or starboard by the very nature of battery positioning or change thereof within the battery compartment itself, flooding the ballast section seems to compensate for that. I've spent multi hours attempting to attain the boats proper trim level only to have it change to some degree on my next sail, and believe that to be the nature of the beast : ). Note: This may or may not be the issue in your case. Just a thought, nothing definite. Al,
    Last edited by Anuci; 09-07-2009, 12:22 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • shamrock
    replied
    no foam under deck just in hull
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • shamrock
    replied
    as ordered your magesty

    just the hull some foam painted blue
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Take the SubDriver out of the hull and show us the placement of foam within the hull and (if any there) the superstructure.

    David,

    Leave a comment:


  • shamrock
    started a topic stop the lean

    stop the lean

    tryed for three hours yesterday to stop the lean .from right to left no luck. can any of you guys post pics of the hull on your gato so i can look at what i am doing wrong .she runs great under water .she also looks great with just a little water in ballest tank .but with that the water line is off.but with a gato you need alot of the boat out of the water with a empty tank .read and followed the sheet from the sub gods on trim but no luck yet .please help
Working...