• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • plastic66
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Jun 2009

Sd2vii

Dave,

I have a SD for my Revell VII. On the aft end of the driver I see four 1/16" brass rods sticking out. I see three of them for the servos. What is the other rod for, it sits just above the twin motors? Is this for the on/off switch?
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by plastic66
    Dave,

I have a SD for my Revell VII. On the aft end of the driver I see four 1/16" brass rods sticking out. I see three of them for the servos. What is the other rod for, it sits just above the twin motors? Is this for the on/off switch?
    It's a 'spare' servo pushrod seal blanked off with a length of 1/16" brass rod.

I recommend you put the mission switch in the forward bulkhead, isolating the battery -- better than using the ESC switch.

David,
    Attached Files
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• pjdog
      Commander
      • Apr 2009

Mission switch

Plastic66, thanks for asking the question. I was wondering the same thing but felt that if I just let it alone it would be cool.

Dave, what kind of mission switch are you showing here. It's lots smaller than mine. I was about to install a switch in my type VII S/D today. I was also not happy with the size of my switch. Mine is to big but I my one stop light town it's the best I could do. If I could get a brand name and # I could go internet hunting and maybe get lucky.

Jack

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by pjdog
        Plastic66, thanks for asking the question. I was wondering the same thing but felt that if I just let it alone it would be cool.

Dave, what kind of mission switch are you showing here. It's lots smaller than mine. I was about to install a switch in my type VII S/D today. I was also not happy with the size of my switch. Mine is to big but I my one stop light town it's the best I could do. If I could get a brand name and # I could go internet hunting and maybe get lucky.

Jack
        Mr. Caswell and I are still trying to acquire a source for a mini-toggle switch and watertight boot to fit. The best we've come up with is a switch and a boot, but they don't fit.

Anyway, you're looking for a mini-switch with a neck threaded for a 4-40 nut and the boot with a base to fit that thread.

A specialty electronics supply house is the best we can do so far.

You'll have to shop the INTERNET till we can get them in stock for you. The switch must be able to handle 10 Amperes @ 240 Volts, minimum.

David,
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• pjdog
          Commander
          • Apr 2009

switches

David:

I found a electrons company that has micro toggles. I've ordered some 5 amperes switches and boots. They didn't have 10amp in micro's. Guess I'll be disappointed when I try them. That's why I order extra switches. It's a BRITISH company. I'll let you know how they work out. The company is as follows.

Digi-Key Corporation
          701 Brooks Avenue South, Thief River Falls, MN 56701 USA
          Phone: 1-800-344-4539 or 218-681-6674 or Fax: 218-681-3380

Digi-Key.com

I'll keep shoping for 10 amp.

jack

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by pjdog
            David:

I found a electrons company that has micro toggles. I've ordered some 5 amperes switches and boots. They didn't have 10amp in micro's. Guess I'll be disappointed when I try them. That's why I order extra switches. It's a BRITISH company. I'll let you know how they work out. The company is as follows.

Digi-Key Corporation
            701 Brooks Avenue South, Thief River Falls, MN 56701 USA
            Phone: 1-800-344-4539 or 218-681-6674 or Fax: 218-681-3380

Digi-Key.com

I'll keep shoping for 10 amp.

jack
            You should be good with the 5 Ampere rating.

David,
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• plastic66
              Lieutenant, Junior Grade
              • Jun 2009

Thanks Dave for the reply, I'll try and find one of those little switches with the rubber boot, will need one for the Seaview.

Comment

Working...