X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pjdog
    Commander
    • Apr 2009

Fittings Kit for type VII

:confused: Is the fittings kit for the revell type VII available yet. I believe that kit will contain a rudder assembly that drops in to the type VII. When viewing David Merriman's build instructions the first thing he shows is the rear dive plane 1/8 rod with an arm for the control rod linkage. Is that also in the fittings kit.
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

The VII Fittings Kit is almost ready for market. Should be another week, according to His Eminence.

Yes, there will be a gear assembly 'drop in' rudder unit.

I'm not quite sure what rods will be in it yet.
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• pjdog
      Commander
      • Apr 2009

Type VII fittings kit.

David: Think type VII fittings kit.

jack

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by pjdog
        David: Think type VII fittings kit.

jack
        Hang in there, Jack. I'm work'n on it.

David,
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• pjdog
          Commander
          • Apr 2009

Foam inserts - GBWVIIF

When the fittings kit is available will it contain the '1 Pair VII Ballast Tank Foam Inserts'?

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
            • Aug 2008

When the fittings kit is available will it contain the '1 Pair VII Ballast Tank Foam Inserts'?
            Nope. That's a separate line item.

David,
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• pjdog
              Commander
              • Apr 2009

Gbwviif

I talked to Caswell sales on the phone today (06/02/09) they don't see item GBWVIIF '1 Pair VII Ballast Tank Foam Inserts' in the catalog? Might be an item for Mike to look into. It's on the Caswell web site but sales doesn't know anything about it.

Jack

Comment

• Kazzer
                • Aug 2008

I talked to Caswell sales on the phone today (06/02/09) they don't see item GBWVIIF '1 Pair VII Ballast Tank Foam Inserts' in the catalog? Might be an item for Mike to look into. It's on the Caswell web site but sales doesn't know anything about it.

Jack
                The catalog is always out of date. We print it once a year, due to costs.

We have the product if you want it.
                Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• pjdog
                  Commander
                  • Apr 2009

'1 Pair VII Ballast Tank Foam Inserts'

Just ordered the '1 Pair VII Ballast Tank Foam Inserts' GBWVIIF. Gregg in sales didn't see the item when I called this morning. Said he didn't know about them. I thought I had ordered them a couple of months ago but just looked at all my old orders and didn't see it. I just assumed they were with the type VII fittings kit. I'll see what happens with this order. I ordered just them.

thanks

Jack

Comment

• Outrider
                    Commander
                    • Aug 2008

Type VII Accessory Items

The Type VII ballast foam inserts have been around for a while, but never made it to the Type VII area on the Caswell Plating Website. There was some talk about combining weights and foam, but nothing has yet materialized. I suspect we'll see ala carte pricing for the foam, since a few of us have the weights but not the foam.

My guess on this is that Mike has David running several different directions at once and that David, mischievous soul that he is, is also contributing to the "problem" by fixing yet one more thing. Could be that he's busy playing with his toys or showing them off somewhere. Or maybe it's just beer to blame. (Alcohol gets blamed for a lot of stuff alcohol never did, but never bet against the power of suds.)

I wouldn't worry about why--his eminence will deliver the goods on the Type VII and, soon enough, Mike will get everything together on the site for ordering. At least that's what I've been living on for the past few months...

Comment

• ljcaswell
                      Administrator
                      • Aug 2008

The Type VII ballast foam inserts have been around for a while, but never made it to the Type VII area on the Caswell Plating Website. There was some talk about combining weights and foam, but nothing has yet materialized. I suspect we'll see ala carte pricing for the foam, since a few of us have the weights but not the foam.
                      Listed here: http://www.caswellplating.com/models/weights.html

Comment

• pjdog
                        Commander
                        • Apr 2009

foam

Fault is mine. I saw them on the Caswell web site, that's how I knew they existed. I never admit when I screwed up but in this case it was me. I thought I had ordered the GBWVIIF on my very first Caswell order. But I didn't. In the excitement of becoming an rc submariner must have over powered both my brain cells. I'm not a patient person which makes it worse.

Jack

Comment

• pjdog
                          Commander
                          • Apr 2009

type VII fittings kit

David:

Think - fittings kit type VII. I've got my type VII almost ready for water but I'd rather be using your rudders and drive plans. You need to be cloned.

jack

Comment

Working...