X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cliffhanger67
    Lieutenant
    • Oct 2013

Es2 debugging

I am building a RECAB-R system for my 2nd HARPOON TYPE submarine. I was able to use this ES2 unit from the Sub Driver folks. It controls the pump and solenoid valve by the left JOYSTICK of the transmitter. to run pump, lever to the right. And to open the solenoid valve lever to the left. It did everything it is supposed to from the debugging until I disassembled my sub to clean up/tidy up the worksmanship. After that, I reassembled. the open solenoid valve command on the left joy stick of the transmitter, lever push to left does not open the solenoid valve. I checked if the valve is bad. Using power direct from another battery it opened. I checked the voltage when lever is pushed to open the valve. It reads 8+ volts. I went back to try to recalibrate using the protocol provided. It does not respond to changes or nothing happens. Failing at this, I bought a new ES2 unit from Caswell. it too will not open the solenoid valve. It does not react to the debugging protocall either since it was working for awhile before.
    Any one familiar with this unit?? I had many runs on this hardware. so it worked before.
    Appreciate any help here.

creator of the Harpoon type stealth rc subs.
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Right now your ES2 is plugged into port #4 of the receiver. Switch to another port of the receiver and see if you can get the solenoid to work off that.

Another thing: is your transmitter capable of changing the 'servo' end-points. If so, check your limits on ch-4 -- maybe you fiddled with the transmitter and pushed the solenoid end of stick travel past the ES2 limits.

M
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• cliffhanger67
      Lieutenant
      • Oct 2013

tried this. no changes. transmitter end points checked. not restricted. thanks. I reposted this problem with my wiring diagram and describing what I have tried so far.

Comment

Working...