X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kim Sleep
    Commander
    • Nov 2013

Thru Hull Water Inlet

s there such a thing as an inlet that is mounted thru the hull, that flexible tubing inside the hull can be securely attached to??

Thanks
    A man of true Frankenstinean proportions!!
  • SSBN659
    Commander
    • Feb 2009

You could drill a hole in the hull sized to a short piece of small diameter brass or copper tubing and secure the joint with epoxy. Then slide your flexible tubing over the stub and secure it with CA, or cable tie, or more epoxy, etc. I wouldn't try securing it with bubble gum :)

SSBN659

Comment

• HardRock
      Vice Admiral
      • Mar 2013

Or, you could have a go at one of these.

Comment

• Kim Sleep
        Commander
        • Nov 2013

I'm going with Hard Rocks Engle water inlet...something threaded will be nice and easy
        A man of true Frankenstinean proportions!!

Comment

• Mankster
          Lieutenant, Junior Grade
          • Apr 2009

Those are water pickups and discharge ports for water cooling motors in fast electric boats. Unless you have tiny sub, you are going to want a larger diameter tube.

Comment

• HardRock
            Vice Admiral
            • Mar 2013

OK…its true. I do have a small submarine - but my wife has NEVER complained and I do have a really big diving watch!

These inlets might be more appropriate:http://www.rc-sub-workshop.com/Details.aspx?id=76

Comment

• HardRock
              Vice Admiral
              • Mar 2013

OK…its true. I do have a small submarine - but my wife has NEVER complained and I do have a really big diving watch!

These inlets might be more appropriate:http://www.rc-sub-workshop.com/Details.aspx?id=76

Comment

Working...