• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sm22896
    Ensign
    • Mar 2014

Receiver Ant

Working on Revell Type IIV

May be a dumb question but....................

any advice on what to do with the receiver ant. (I know not to cut it) leave it coiled up or route it through to the battery compartment of the sub-driver?

Thanks
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

That is a good question. I have cut and attached mine to the antenna David puts on his sub-driver. When I did the Skipjack it was "temporarily" just waded up and stuffed in. It ran as good (if not better) than the exterior antenna version. In fairness it is not an apples to apples comparison because different receivers. So some of the experts out there can jump in. On the Aluminaut I did a lot of playing with the antenna, and spiraling it on a plastic rod/sheet worked well.
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

At the ranges we operate these hard-to-see models, you can get away with just about anything. Most r/c systems are optimized for quarter-mile range, at least, with a properly deployed and oriented receiver antenna. However, at the typical 200-foot range we operate, the inverse square law smiles on us favorably.

M
      Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 04-06-2014, 07:59 AM.
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• alad61
        Commander
        • Jan 2012

All of my boats that I have and had with Davids SD's I cut the receiver expose the wire and attach it to the antenna lug on the sd. My Sheerline Akula just has the antenna wire coiled and sitting behind the receiver. My Robbe Seawolf has the receiver wire as supplied running around the edge of the equipment tray and any time they run close to motors, servos etc I just run it through a couple of pieces of heat shrink to help shield it and they all work fine.
        Cheers,
        Alec.

Reality is but a dream...
        But to dream is a reality

Comment

Working...