X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mickelsen
    Lieutenant
    • Aug 2008

Eight window movie version of Seaview

Can the sub driver and accessory kit designed for the standard Seaview kit be used with the eight window, movie version of the Seaview? I don't have an eight window Seaview yet, but it appears that everything is the same as the four window version except for the number of windows (duh). It seems to me that the sub driver and accessory kit designed for the four window kit would work just fine in the eight window version. However, Dave Merriman III is the guy that would know for sure.

What's the verdict, Dave?

Thanks,
    Mark
    Hope is a harsh mistress!
    Mark
  • alad61
    Commander
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by mickelsen
    Can the sub driver and accessory kit designed for the standard Seaview kit be used with the eight window, movie version of the Seaview? I don't have an eight window Seaview yet, but it appears that everything is the same as the four window version except for the number of windows (duh). It seems to me that the sub driver and accessory kit designed for the four window kit would work just fine in the eight window version. However, Dave Merriman III is the guy that would know for sure.

Thanks,
    Mark
    Actually Mark the nose and manta wings are a bit different. I'm pretty sure the four window/FS version has a slightly more bulbous nose than the movie version and flatter manta wings as a result of retro fitting the flying sub bay. I too have been looking at the movie verion sub as an rc kit. I reckon that adding additional veins in the propulsion nozzles to help counteract the negative effect of the bow the bow has to plane it down, using a pitch controller on the rear planes and then set the submerged trim so that the sail planes are just below the surface and using them for submerged control. But as you say David is best to supply the verdict.
    Cheers,
    Alec.

Reality is but a dream...
    But to dream is a reality

Comment

• mickelsen
      Lieutenant
      • Aug 2008

Thanks, Alec. I guess, if what you say is true, then the specially molded parts that fit so beautifully in the nose and carry the shafts for the manta dive planes wouldn't work. I haven't heard anything about Dave recasting a set of parts for the eight-window version. Have you? Anyway, I hope Dave weighs in on this and gives us the straight scoop.

Regards,
      Mark
      Hope is a harsh mistress!
      Mark

Comment

• Kazzer
        • Aug 2008

There are no differences in the sub-driver etc here. Unless HWSNBN hasn't told me something.
        Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

Thanks,
          Mark
          Alec is spot on.

No room in the movie SEAVIEW 'manta fins' for practical bow planes. So you can't have that.

Only other issue between the two versions of this submarines is that the countour of the movie version of the sail is different from the TV version of the SEAVIEW, so you will have to modify the sail plane fairings to fit. Other than that -- same deal.

M
          Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 10-18-2013, 08:22 AM.
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Thanks,
            Mark
            Only problem is the new sail: the countour of the movie version of the sail is different from the TV version of the SEAVIEW, so you will have to modify the sail plane fairings to fit. Other than that -- same deal.

M
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Kazzer
              There are no differences in the sub-driver etc here. Unless HWSNBN hasn't told me something.
              Same SD. And I've indicated differences in other posts here.

David
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Kazzer
                Same SD. And I've indicated differences in other posts here.

David
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...