X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HvyCGN9
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Jan 2013

What frequencies are ok for Subs in Oz?

Title says it all. Was just pondering if there are any set laws for RC frequencies that can be used here in Australia??? I have a Graupner/JR MX22 on 36Mhz that I want to use on my Skipjack....

Cheers Bruce
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by HvyCGN9
    Title says it all. Was just pondering if there are any set laws for RC frequencies that can be used here in Australia??? I have a Graupner/JR MX22 on 36Mhz that I want to use on my Skipjack....

Cheers Bruce
    36MHZ
    40MHZ

Make sure the FM rx is PPM Bruce. PCM Rx's don't play well with sub gear.
    Cheers

John
    John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• greenman407
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

Thats for sure, I found that out the hard way. About drove me nuts coming to that conclusion about 4 or 5 years ago. I invested in a Polk radio and reciever and that solved 90% of my problems. When I converted the receivers over to the Sombra SL-8, that solved all the rest of the glitches. Since then, not a whisper of any radio problems.
      Last edited by greenman407; 09-20-2013, 07:52 AM.
      IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• HvyCGN9
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Jan 2013

Thanks Fellas, I got 5 rx's with the MX22....2 are 7ch JR RS70's (which are ppm), and some older type rx's 1 is an R700(looks identical to the 70's except has Xtal in it) and 2 are R600 6ch they all appear to be ppm type from my quick checks online...

Comment

• Subculture
          Admiral
          • Feb 2009

I ran a PCM receiver for years in my first sub. The only snag is failsafes trigger instantly on loss of signal, but I found the system so robust the failsafes only tripped once and that was when I unwittingly sailed in salty water!

Comment

• Slats
            Vice Admiral
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Subculture
            I ran a PCM receiver for years in my first sub. The only snag is failsafes trigger instantly on loss of signal, but I found the system so robust the failsafes only tripped once and that was when I unwittingly sailed in salty water!
            Andy,
            Bruce will be running down here in Australia. I never run in salt or brackish water. I have only found one location in 20 years, where water quality, be it pools or freshwater dams and lakes, did not contribute to unwanted FS activations. Given Bruce will be running the same gear (LPBs) etc found in Subdrivers and he is green I don't think it wise to be advising him anything else but PPM. KISS principles I find with beginners aids them to become enthusiasts.

J
            John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
            Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• alad61
              Commander
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Slats
              36MHZ
              40MHZ

Make sure the FM rx is PPM Bruce. PCM Rx's don't play well with sub gear.
              Cheers

John
              Originally posted by HvyCGN9
              Thanks Fellas, I got 5 rx's with the MX22....2 are 7ch JR RS70's (which are ppm), and some older type rx's 1 is an R700(looks identical to the 70's except has Xtal in it) and 2 are R600 6ch they all appear to be ppm type from my quick checks online...
              John is spot on Bruce. I run the JR-RS70 rx units in all my subs with a 6 channel optics digital 36mhz tx with no real issues to speak of. I have tried the corona versions of the jr but they glitched like a shocker with the adf2. I believe Andy Mac is reconfiguring the adf to play with the corona units but whilst you can get them I plan on sticking with the JR units. What I found with the Skipjack SD was that running the antenna wire trough a small section of styrene tube near the motor pretty much knock off the any jittering/stutter issues. Which btw weren't a problem it was just me being anal about it.
              Cheers,
              Alec.

Reality is but a dream...
              But to dream is a reality

Comment

• HvyCGN9
                Lieutenant Commander
                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by alad61
                John is spot on Bruce. I run the JR-RS70 rx units in all my subs with a 6 channel optics digital 36mhz tx with no real issues to speak of. I have tried the corona versions of the jr but they glitched like a shocker with the adf2. I believe Andy Mac is reconfiguring the adf to play with the corona units but whilst you can get them I plan on sticking with the JR units. What I found with the Skipjack SD was that running the antenna wire trough a small section of styrene tube near the motor pretty much knock off the any jittering/stutter issues. Which btw weren't a problem it was just me being anal about it.
                Cheers ALL,

Good to know I have 2 RS70's that should be fine for the subs, As Slats said this will be my first sub so I am gonna keep it simple (and pick the brain of our local sub guru Oztruck AKA Chris)

Found a euro webstore that sells the graupner/jr 12ch RX for the MX22 still!! (27euros!!) I shall grab a couple while they are still around!! Never know when ya might need 12channels.....

Cheers Bruce

.............now I have go clean my CGN36 just got in from a run with the gang(TF72......new and improved with VLS missiles and Torps!!), the pond has just been cleaned last week and the water that was crystal clear last Monday has turned green as Kermit the frog!

Comment

Working...