X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jlabow
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Oct 2012

Basic Newbie Questions

1. What brand of foam works best? Are there any to be avoided?

2. What lubricant is best for pushrods, shafts and O-rings?

3. How many blow cycles can I expect from the tank in the 30" 1/72 Gato sub driver with the gas saver installed?

4. Is there any particular advantage of using LiPo batteries over NiMH or NiCad? From the threads I have read the LiPos seem to need lots more TLC than the other 2.

Thanks to all,
    Joel
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by jlabow
    1. What brand of foam works best? Are there any to be avoided?

2. What lubricant is best for pushrods, shafts and O-rings?

3. How many blow cycles can I expect from the tank in the 30" 1/72 Gato sub driver with the gas saver installed?

4. Is there any particular advantage of using LiPo batteries over NiMH or NiCad? From the threads I have read the LiPos seem to need lots more TLC than the other 2.

Thanks to all,
    Joel
    1. Not brand, type! Closed-cell.

2. Silicon oil.

3. No such animal, they are now offered with SAS only, but can be retro-fitted with emergency gas ballast sub-system. No gas-saver. About one complete blow cycle.

4. Lithium-polymer batteries are GREAT! Much, much more capacity, and lighter of weight (high power density). They demand some sort of sub-system shut-down/downgrade device that issues a warning that the battery is approaching the critical low-voltage condition, below which battery damage occurs.
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...