• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jlabow
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Oct 2012

Trout's Travails

Wow!
    I just read through your entire string about your build. I am totally impressed by your persistence and ingenuity in the face of multiple difficulties! I need to know what to gird my loins for...is your experience the exception or the rule?

Thanks,
    Joel
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Did I just step onto the set of Lord of the Rings or something?.....
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by jlabow
      Wow!
      I just read through your entire string about your build. I am totally impressed by your persistence and ingenuity in the face of multiple difficulties! I need to know what to gird my loins for...is your experience the exception or the rule?

Thanks,
      Joel
      Joel,
      since I am a beginner my errors were my own, that being said, get a reinforced cup for the loins because there will be kicks to the area. I doubt I would have the same issues when I build the next Gato (and I will do that again). I also bucked some great advice only to pay for it later.....your mileage will vary. No matter what, this is the toughest hobby I have ever done yet the most rewarding.... I am passionate about this.
      please build and post, post your errors and successes, we learn from them both!
      peace,
      tom
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• jlabow
        Lieutenant, Junior Grade
        • Oct 2012

Thanks! Onward and...downward!

Joel

Comment

Working...