X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • satlite440
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Jul 2012

inline fuses

So I have read that it is recommended that you put an inline fuse between the motors and the esc.. since I will be having to wire in a new esc to my s/d after it gets here(thanks Dave for everything). That leads me to a question..what amp fuse should I use with my new microviper10? My electric theory is a little rusty...but i think it goes like this. I don't want a 10 amp fuse use it will take higher than 10 amp to pop it..a 5 amp might blow too soon leaving sub dead in water(not good) so I was thinking a 7.5..thought's guys ? and i think these might work out well..2010 GMC Acadia's use these--
    Click image for larger version

Name:	speed controler diag 005.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	102101

Click image for larger version

Name:	speed controler diag 006.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	102102
    Last edited by Kazzer; 12-03-2012, 01:45 PM. Reason: Broken Caps shift key :-)
  • Subculture
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Fit a 10 to 15 A fuse in the positive lead that goes between the battery and the ESC, not the ESC to the motor.

A fuse will not protect the electronic components inside the controller, as it's not fast acting enough. What it will do is protect the wiring to the the ESC from becoming the fuse and getting very warm in the process.

Comment

• satlite440
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Jul 2012

dave thought's?????

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by satlite440
        dave thought's?????
        Andy has spoken, so let it be written! (crash of thunder sound-effect).

Hey, this guy knows his stuff. Yes! ... put that fuse up-stream of the ESC.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• satlite440
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Jul 2012

thank you....in the batt room it goes..

Comment

Working...