X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scaleship
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Aug 2010

Any glue ?

My end cap is custom make with delrin meterial ,i wonder is there a better glue out there that works better or one have experiance with it before ,i am thinking using the hysol epoxy slow cure or i know mosy just use goop glue .anyone like to share the ideal .i be greatly appreciate
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

scaleship, Goop glue is really good stuff. It gives a strong bond. With Delrin though you should probably rough up the surface real good first. Can you post some pictures?
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• scaleship
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by greenman407
      scaleship, Goop glue is really good stuff. It gives a strong bond. With Delrin though you should probably rough up the surface real good first. Can you post some pictures?
      I will try goop than ,yes it have to sand and rough the surface first than will try to use goop and see how it goes .thx again

Comment

• Subculture
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Delrin/acetal is one of the worst plastics to try and bond things to. It's naturally slippery. It's better to attach things mechanically e.g. using screws, bolts etc. rather than bonding with adhesives. In future I recommend making endcaps from lexan, PVC or PMMA/acrylic or even GRP sheet, these all accept adhesives readily.

Comment

• scaleship
          Lieutenant, Junior Grade
          • Aug 2010

Guy so far goop seem to works
          i have try a small section and see what is the reaction on this ,and i also try the hysol epoxy and come back with full report

Comment

• scaleship
            Lieutenant, Junior Grade
            • Aug 2010

So far so good the Goop is over night set and its very well bond ,i was very impress over the goop .so in that case i haven't try the hysol yet .I am new to this submarine is there any way i can make my own motor sharft seal using the 1/8 bunting bearing both end and brass tube over and apply vasaline or grease ? is this gonna to make 100% seal to the motor sharft ? any ideal u guy like to share .thx

Comment

Working...