X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scaleship
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Aug 2010

water condensation in WTC

Hey guys, I just made my own WTC tube, put it in the bathtub with warm water and saw some condensation inside the tube. Is this normal? There are no leaks. Is there any way to prevent the condensation?
  • alad61
    Commander
    • Jan 2012

If the air inside the WTC is colder than the "warm" water that would most likley explain the condensation or did you seal up the WTC in a damp humid room, e.g. the bathroom after filling the tub. Resulting in the the moist air reacting with the temperature of the surrounding water. But why use warm water & how much condensation are you talking a? A trick I picked up from an old rc submariner down here is to keep a supply of those silica granule satches that you get in things like vitamin pill bottles. Then just slip one in the dry spaces.
    Cheers,
    Alec.

Reality is but a dream...
    But to dream is a reality

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Those gell-packs: After a run, put them on a cookie sheet and bake at about 150-degree for an hour to chase the water out.

David
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• scaleship
        Lieutenant, Junior Grade
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by alad61
        If the air inside the WTC is colder than the "warm" water that would most likley explain the condensation or did you seal up the WTC in a damp humid room, e.g. the bathroom after filling the tub. Resulting in the the moist air reacting with the temperature of the surrounding water. But why use warm water & how much condensation are you talking a? A trick I picked up from an old rc submariner down here is to keep a supply of those silica granule satches that you get in things like vitamin pill bottles. Then just slip one in the dry spaces.
        yes u r right wtc is colder than the warm water .there are only a bit condensation a few very small patch thats all .and yesterday i try to fill the tub with cold water and and left it for over night there is no condensation at all .i will try the silica granule satches vitamin pill ,just leave one inside the WTC at all time ? thx

Comment

• scaleship
          Lieutenant, Junior Grade
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
          Those gell-packs: After a run, put them on a cookie sheet and bake at about 150-degree for an hour to chase the water out.

David
          I will keep that in mine just incase if there is more water ,great ideal david !!!!

Comment

Working...