X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alad61
    Commander
    • Jan 2012

Some what confused....

Already I can people slapping thier foreheads and nodding sadly...

How come when I turn off my Tx to test the emergancy blow my dive planes throw into dive angle and not neutral??? I think have tried ever adjustment e.g reversing the channel, epa, trim etc yet it happens. Have I missed somthing? I know emergancy blow will bring her up im working theory but I'd rather have it with neutral or surface up planes.
    Cheers,
    Alec.

Reality is but a dream...
    But to dream is a reality

• Reckless
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Jan 2012

if you have an auto pitch leveler it has a signal loss fail safe too... should throw whatever planes it's hook too into full rise ...

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by alad61
      Already I can people slapping thier foreheads and nodding sadly...

How come when I turn off my Tx to test the emergancy blow my dive planes throw into dive angle and not neutral??? I think have tried ever adjustment e.g reversing the channel, epa, trim etc yet it happens. Have I missed somthing? I know emergancy blow will bring her up im working theory but I'd rather have it with neutral or surface up planes.
      Maybe you have the stern plane servo hooked up instead of the ballast sub-system servo?

David,
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• alad61
        Commander
        • Jan 2012

Thanks guys.

Taking your lead I retraced an checked all the servo connections to the adf & the rx and they all go where they should. However I only just remembered that I had set the sensetivity level as one on the adf because it was bouncing the planes all over the place on the bench during set up & tests. I should have known that in the water the vibrations would be far less dramatic... I'll recalbrate the adf back to default and see how that goes.....
        Cheers,
        Alec.

Comment

• alad61
          Commander
          • Jan 2012

I rest the adf, went through my notesl and realised I swapped out the origional rx that had hit and miss on one of the channels, not the one the dive plane servo ran from. With some recalabration and more ass than class the planes throw into rise when I turn off the tx. Lesson here is, if you make notes then use/read them...:(

Thanks for your advise and suggestions.
          Cheers,
          Alec.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
            • Aug 2008

Hey, happens to all of us, Alec.

David
            Who is John Galt?

Comment