X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bbdave
    Ensign
    • Oct 2011

Snort system?

Hi i am considering using a snort system but have a few questions, i assume after the ballast tank has filled the air pipe in the sail fills with water as the sub submerges is the the air pump ok with this small amount of water passing through? which valves do you recomend to release the air for filling? are they're any drawings of this system?

Thanks for any help

Dave
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

There are no valves in the induction and discharge lines. The LPB can move water without damage. A very simple ballast sub-system: just turn the damned thing on and -- if the induction line is sticking up into the air -- it will blow air into the ballast tank, emptying it of water.

Since the pump is a positive displacement type (diaphragm) fluid only flows when the pump is in operation, no external valves to or from the pump.

David
    Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 10-14-2011, 08:32 PM.
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• bbdave
      Ensign
      • Oct 2011

Ok thanks, now i'm going to ask the dumb question. Does the pump just pump air in or does it pump water out aswell? how does the water get in and out? i don't have the privelage of being able to afford a dive unit but a pump is in my range it's just the mechanics of how the system works i'm not sure on.

Dave

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

It pumps air if the induction is above water. It pumps water if the induction is under water.

Duh.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...