Recommended Permit Build Reference Materials?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rhino
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Aug 2022

Recommended Permit Build Reference Materials?

HI All,

I'm planning to start a new build of a 1/96 Permit. Bob and the Nautilus crew were amazing help getting me going. I'm in the process of trolling past posts and gathering all I can before I start. Aside from the Permit overview on the Nautilus site which looks very thorough, are there other suggestions I should look too?

Thanks all,

Ryan
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

I do not know about further research, but I would suggest just dig in and build that sub. Detailing, painting, and what nots, can be added later in the build. You have hurdles to get over Ryan and tackle those. paralysis by analysis is real. I battle that, but am finding a good kick in my butt gets me started.
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

"Paralysis by analysis". I like it. Anything like Advanced Model Builders Syndrome, Tom?

Tom's right on point, Ryan. Build and get the ****ing thing working first. Sweat the small **** later.

David
      The Horrible
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
        Admiral
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
        "Paralysis by analysis". I like it. Anything like Advanced Model Builders Syndrome, Tom?

Tom's right on point, Ryan. Build and get the ****ing thing working first. Sweat the small **** later.

David
        The Horrible
        I suffer from all of this and add a pinch of CRS (Can't Remember Sh*t)
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Rhino
          Lieutenant, Junior Grade
          • Aug 2022

Thanks for the insight guys, appreciate the advice. Agree with you both. Not worried about the details and paint..... yet. More so my question is about the build process, see your point, will get started and reach out as I go.

Thanks,
          Ryan

Comment

• trout
            Admiral
            • Jul 2011

There are many complete builds on this sight. After browsing theough a couple you will start to see some similarities on how to move forward.
            Peace,
            Tom

Comment

Working...