X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thorbrandr
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Mar 2022

Servos

I have to populate a OTW 4.25" WTC. Need three servos (rudder, and fore/aft planes), to go with a Nautilus Drydocks 6 channel receiver. Recommendations? I have rook for full size.

Chris
  • SubDude
    Captain
    • Dec 2019

I have used these. They are strong, readily available and inexpensive.

Click image for larger version  Name:	SmartSelect_20220529-011943_Amazon Shopping.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.8 KB ID:	161967

Comment

• Subculture
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

Bog standard analogue plastic geared servos are more than adequate, especially if they're standard sized. Some servos can be noisy if they use coarse module gears.

Very heavy duty serovs are great for monster trucks, but are overkill for subs unless you're building behemoths that charge around at high speed, and they can put more strain on your BEC.

You might want to consider a higher speed servo on the rear planes- helps the leveller do its job. Also worth looking at servos that can run direct off 2s lipo if you're running a lower voltage set-up as you can then ditch the BEC.
      Last edited by Subculture; 05-29-2022, 04:41 AM.

Comment

• Bob Gato
        Captain
        • Feb 2019

Originally posted by RCJetDude
        I have used these. They are strong, readily available and inexpensive.

Click image for larger version Name:	SmartSelect_20220529-011943_Amazon Shopping.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.8 KB ID:	161967
        DServos are a bargain-I use them on my surface boats but a word of caution-don't get hung up on the word waterproof...in fact a while back I spent several hours trying to find an IP rating in the specs and when I did it was something less then IP67 (things might have changed since then, but I think not)...they'll survive a splash on a rock crawler but not a dunk in a margarita..

Comment

• Thorbrandr
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Mar 2022

Thanks everyone. These are going on a 1/32 SM U-35 project. Fairly big, but I don't know if that would necessitate heavy duty servos, although I am generally in favor of metal gears.

Faster for rear planes...check!

"..they'll survive a splash on a rock crawler but not a dunk in a margarita.." For the size of the WTC, that is a very big margarita and a leaky WTC at that!

Chris

Comment

• Bob Gato
            Captain
            • Feb 2019

Cool-also note that stall current is 1.9amps...(might require a separate BEC depending on other servos and what else is running) for example, an Mtronix viper's BEC is only 1.5 amps...
            Last edited by Bob Gato; 05-30-2022, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Working...