X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArchAngel
    Ensign
    • Apr 2022

Underwater Control

I have done some research about rc subs and have found that i need a 75mhz rc transmitter to penetrate the water but since i can't get that in my area i thought about using an ethernet cable. So my question is, is there any way i can connect my flysky fs16 to an ethernet cable for underwater control?
  • Bob Gato
    Captain
    • Feb 2019

Wow-a tethered sub is problematic. Also an Ethernet cable is thick and wiry. And nobody knows how to do that if it were possible. The easier way to connect a sub to a transmitter is to put an S-bus receiver in a support surface boat. then connect the sub to the receiver (in the trailing support boat or sub chaser) with a single S-bus signal wire (which could be as flexible as a single 22 gauge servo wire)- but few if any have done that either so good info is hard to come by. What country are you in-surely a Megahertz radio is available -it doesn't have to be 75mghz-it just cant be 2.4 Ghz if you want to go below periscope depth.

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

Use 2.4 GHz, yes you can't go deep, but keep an antenna above the surface and you are good. See Ed Tordahl's work.
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• ArchAngel
        Ensign
        • Apr 2022

Originally posted by Bob Gato
        Wow-a tethered sub is problematic. Also an Ethernet cable is thick and wiry. And nobody knows how to do that if it were possible. The easier way to connect a sub to a transmitter is to put an S-bus receiver in a support surface boat. then connect the sub to the receiver (in the trailing support boat or sub chaser) with a single S-bus signal wire (which could be as flexible as a single 22 gauge servo wire)- but few if any have done that either so good info is hard to come by. What country are you in-surely a Megahertz radio is available -it doesn't have to be 75mghz-it just cant be 2.4 Ghz if you want to go below periscope depth.
        I'm going to build a support boat out of bottles and a tupperware container then. May not look the best but it'll work. though there is still an issue, I wanna run FPV in the sub and i have no idea how thats gonna work.
        Last edited by ArchAngel; 04-12-2022, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• Bob Gato
          Captain
          • Feb 2019

Suggestion... First take a GoPro put it on a string and drop it down in the pond that you plan on running in... My guess is you will see nothing, if that's the case forget it... if it's clear and you can see fish and buried treasure then go for it... I have no idea what fpv runs on.. I always thought it was Wi-Fi which is 2.4 to 5 gig... Your best bet is to record whatever you're looking at and view it once the sub comes back up to the surface-BG

Comment

Working...