X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SubDad79
    Ensign
    • Dec 2021

1st Sub build

Hello everyone Been lurking here for a little while finally decided to create a profile.. I do have experience with RC Tanks(1/16) trucks and crawlers crawlers. Been modeling static armour and aircraft for years. My grandfather left me two of his RC boats found myself exploring this side of the RC hobby. I had come across Bob's YouTube last year and thought these subs were awesome but didn't know where to start. So fast forward to today and I'm waiting to take on the challenge of building my 1st RC sub. I'm deciding between a 1/72 Gato or Skipjack model to convert to RC. I'd like to pick up a WTC from Bob yet still have those details to work out as which size would be best.

Here are a few pics of a surface running boat I currently have that has helped spark my interest.

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Do the SKIPJACK. Easier.

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

I agree with David, the Skipjack is easier. It is also a great performing submarine. Don't get me wrong, I love my Gato, but that is a lot of headaches to build ESPECIALLY for your first one. Some might say "Hey, Tom, your first sub was a Gato." and they would be correct. However since I have built both, I can definitely agree the Skipjack is easier. We will support you no matter which way you go. There are builds on both subs here.
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Slats
        Vice Admiral
        • Aug 2008

agree Skipjack
        John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
        Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

Working...