• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alex White
    Ensign
    • Sep 2018

Introduction

Hello all,

I'm attempting my first foray into the model making world. Still have yet to buy a single tool but whatever. In essence the maritime world is basically my life, I explore every aspect of it. I work at a maritime museum in RI, but I've made my way through every shipbuilding community there is; from model makers to video game modelers. I get lots of weird ideas on how to present the maritime world in different and new ways, although not always successful. I signed up here to seek help on my newest project, while not completely submarine related it ties in close enough that the forum can prove useful. Just for some background I find the stories and experiences of a ship to be as interesting as the vessels themselves, so the world of inert and often easily breakable models I've avoided for awhile. The model you guys create are a whole different beast altogether. To keep this short I'll explain my new project in a different post, once I find out what I'm doing on the site.

-Alex
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

Welcome Alex!
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Welcome to the wood-chipper, Alex. I'll be your guide through the machine. Buckle up!

David
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• DMTNT
        Commander
        • Jun 2018

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
        Welcome to the wood-chipper, Alex. I'll be your guide through the machine. Buckle up!

David
        Listen to this man. The others too. They know what the hell they're talking about. A finer group of SOB's you'll no sooner find.

Welcome aboard, sir!

-Brady
        Dead men tell no tales...

Comment

Working...