Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Radio Frequencies Etc

The Academy of Model Aeronautics is a nonprofit community of enthusiasts who come together to celebrate model aviation.
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

You might want to highlight Mike - where these are legal....i.e. e.g. they ain't legal in Australia- perhaps they are / are not in Europe Uk either?
    John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Kazzer
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Slats
      You might want to highlight Mike - where these are legal....i.e. e.g. they ain't legal in Australia- perhaps they are / are not in Europe Uk either?

Good point John. Perhaps others who know can post their regs here, because I have no idea. (Boy! I barely know how to switch a damned radio on!)

Comment

• Subculture
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Those are USA frequencies.

Here's a good link for international frequency information-

http://www.rc-network.de/magazin/art...027-01eng.html

Comment

• Slats
          Vice Admiral
          • Aug 2008

I note that the link (Andy's post) provides a disclaimer on the information might not be accurate, and indeed in the case of Australia its not.
          Basically the list in the link for Australia should be the same as that of Great Britain.

J
          John Slater

Sydney Australia

Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Subculture
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

So much for the UK radio control council then (that's where I obtained the link from).

Andy

Comment

• Slats
              Vice Admiral
              • Aug 2008

Well look on the bright side - I have no excuse NOT to bring a boat to your Dive In to summer events, and similarly you have none either to bring a boat with you down under.
              I am not surprised - we both drive on the Left hand side..

Best
              J
              John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• Subculture
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

Main snag with international events requiring air travel is transporting the sub.

Sticking it in with the luggage is a bit risky, bearing in mind the way stuff gets thrown around.

Taking it aboard as hand luggage would dictate a small boat, which to the unitintiated could look somewhat suspiciously 'bomb like'. These days what with fanatical fundamentalists filling up bottles of lucozade with hydrogen peroxide et al, the prospect of getting a full cavity search from an ape donning a pair of marigolds ain't my idea of a jolly!

But I will give it some consideration, at least the time of year you are holding the regattas should be out of the heat of Summer. I don't do too well in temperatures over 30 degrees.

Comment

• Bradv
                  Ensign
                  • Jun 2011

Australian R/C frequencies - triple-s.org.au/Australian_RC_Frequencies.pdf
                  (hmm, the forum complains when I try to post the above as a link ...)
                  Last edited by Bradv; 07-05-2011, 10:45 PM.
                  Brad
                  Triple "S" Model Boat Group - http://triple-s.org.au

Comment

• oztruck
                    Commander
                    • May 2010

Thanks Brad for the info. I was told that 40MHz was for air craft only. Glad it isn't and we can use itin our boats.

Cheers Chris

Comment

• Kazzer
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Bradv
                      Looks like you only posted half of the URL

Comment

• Bradv
                        Ensign
                        • Jun 2011

Yes, because when I try to post the entire URL the forum complains with: "Post denied. New posts are limited by number of URLs it may contain and checked if it doesn't contain forbidden words."

I can't see anything dubious in there (hey, I created the .PDF and SSS website!) so I'm assuming that being a newbie on this forum, it won't let me post any links until I've advanced a bit with more posts? I even tried turning off my signature to avoid the URL in there, but that didn't help :-(
                        Brad
                        Triple "S" Model Boat Group - http://triple-s.org.au

Comment

• Kazzer
                          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Bradv
                          I think there was a limit of 5 posts for something or other. I'll have to ask my son, he set it up like that to avoid spammers or something.

Comment

Working...