Wtc

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveJ
    Would the new SD work in the trumpeter Gato kit?:rolleyes:

    You betcha. What, pray-tell, is the diameter of that cylinder provided in the Trumpeter GATO kit, again?....

    David,

    Leave a comment:


  • toppack
    replied
    Here's a 1/400th scale Revell Typhoon on eBay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Revell-1%2f400-S...QQcmdZViewItem
    Attached Files
    Last edited by toppack; 03-14-2009, 11:35 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nuke Power
    replied
    ive enver heard of a revell typhoon. Didnt come up in my internet search either.

    Leave a comment:


  • SteveJ
    replied
    Would the new SD work in the trumpeter Gato kit?:rolleyes:

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by pdrum
    Wow Merriman that's really awesome! Where can i get those sub-drivers taht small? and those gears? *really excited now and not dissapointed* haha
    The gears you see were cut from a brass rod that arrived pre-cut with the 48-pitch, 11 tooth gear pattern I use as pinions in my gear reduction units. I simply bore disks cut from that rod to the required size and attach them to the 1/8" shafts you saw in the pictures.

    You get those SD's from Caswell Inc. Soon ... very soon. As you can see, it's nothing to convert from single to duel-shaft arrangements in no time.

    David,

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by Rogue Sub
    ps is that the 1/350 dragoon model cause i see mike doesnt carry it.
    I think what you're ragging on about is the Revell TYPHOON, Kevin.

    I'm dancing as fast as I can!

    David,

    Leave a comment:


  • pdrum
    replied
    Wow Merriman that's really awesome! Where can i get those sub-drivers taht small? and those gears? *really excited now and not dissapointed* haha

    Leave a comment:


  • Nuke Power
    replied
    ps is that the 1/350 dragoon model cause i see mike doesnt carry it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nuke Power
    replied
    david,
    OMG If you can get your butt busy I might get a typhoon running for the regatta. Get your butt in gear. I wasnt even concerned till you showed that typhoon and now I am angry that you arent finished!!! Get your but in the garage and get that stupid thing read for production!! I want one now. I will call Mike if I have to.
    Last edited by Nuke Power; 03-13-2009, 09:06 PM. Reason: David is to slow

    Leave a comment:


  • toppack
    replied
    Say WHAT!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by redboat219
    Any more secrets up your sleeve David :p? That is absolutely amazing!

    I see that it now has a snort system up front. My dream of seeing a static diving Revell U99 someday isn't too far off.
    Plenty of stuff.

    ... Right now I'm working a process to separate U235 from U238 with a kitchen strainer for an Iranian customer. Wonder what he needs that for? Film at 11.

    David,

    Leave a comment:


  • redboat219
    replied
    Any more secrets up your sleeve David :p? That is absolutely amazing!

    I see that it now has a snort system up front. My dream of seeing a static diving Revell U99 someday isn't too far off.

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    As you can see, I've designed the basic single-shaft 1.25 SD so that with the simple addition of an idler gear equipped with a shaft, I can produce two counter-rotating shafts from the basic 1.25 SD motor bulkhead.

    Powering a two-screwed submarine? ... No sweat! Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt!

    So, so many little plastic submarine kits out there to convert to r/c ... so, so little time!

    David,
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • redboat219
    replied
    Originally posted by pdrum
    what is the Merriman SD? yeah i'm a newb, i went and bought a plastic revell model to convert 1:144 and it's too small also the propellers are on the fins? so there's no way to drive it. it's a u2540 xxi. well anyways. I would like to scratch build my wtc, i just don't exactly know about the electronics part and how to calibrate servos... if you have too
    Just get the 1.25" SD. Since the SD has a single motor and Type XXI has 2 propellers located on the stern planes , you can either make then operable ( more complicated) by using gears to counter-rotate them or just simply do what this guy did with a Trumpeter 1/144 scale Romeo class submarine...

    Leave a comment:


  • Slats
    replied
    Originally posted by pdrum
    what is the Merriman SD? yeah i'm a newb, i went and bought a plastic revell model to convert 1:144 and it's too small also the propellers are on the fins? so there's no way to drive it. it's a u2540 xxi. well anyways. I would like to scratch build my wtc, i just don't exactly know about the electronics part and how to calibrate servos... if you have too
    The Merriman SD - means Subdriver branded WTC built / designed by David Merriman III.

    For more information on how small these WTC are and the plastic models that they can go into visit the caswell website of which this forum is part of:



    Leave a comment:

Working...