X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 356bob61
    Ensign
    • Jan 2009

Getting an SL-8 Receiver and a KMC ADF to Work Together

Hey guys, I need help this time with the ADF control. I have the SL-8 and can figure out the A and B connections, but not the C and D. Is there anything special I need to do, like do I need the jumpers to go back to the receiver then to the SL-8? (And is it hard to program the Shadow Programmer? I'll be getting it next week and i'm kind of curious) Any help will be appreciated,guys!

P.S - I've got the F106A, if theres anything special with the dip switches or anything else I should know.
  • toppack
    Rear Admiral
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by 356bob61
    Hey guys, I need help this time with the ADF control. I have the SL-8 and can figure out the A and B connections, but not the C and D. Is there anything special I need to do, like do I need the jumpers to go back to the receiver then to the SL-8? (And is it hard to program the Shadow Programmer? I'll be getting it next week and i'm kind of curious) Any help will be appreciated,guys!
    ADF connections:
    The (A) cable plugs into receiver channel that you want to control the dive-plane (pitch) .
    (B) plugs into receiver channel to be used for Ballast vent/blow activation.
    The servo that will activate the dive-planes plugs into (C).
    The servo that activates the Vent/blow valves plugs into (D).
    No other jumpers are needed for the standard hook-up.
    The Pitch and Failsafe adjustments were already set correctly when I got mine, so didn't have to change anything. :)
    Last edited by toppack; 03-06-2009, 07:16 PM.
    Rick L.
    --------------------------------------------
    * Asking Questions is a 'Good Thing',
    Since Learning is Always a 'Good Thing' *

Comment

• Kazzer
      • Aug 2008

Download the ADF Instructions HERE!
      Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• toppack
        Rear Admiral
        • Nov 2008

Mike ,
        Sorry, but that instruction sheet is unclear as to what the Inputs and Outputs actually connect to and the pitch adjustment is difficult for a novice to follow.
        Other than that it's Okay.............I guess. ;)

But if connections are done per my post above, should be no problem. :)
        Last edited by toppack; 03-06-2009, 08:12 PM.
        Rick L.
        --------------------------------------------
        * Asking Questions is a 'Good Thing',
        Since Learning is Always a 'Good Thing' *

Comment

• Kazzer
          • Aug 2008

Did you also download the WFLY instructions?

HERE
          Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• KevinMc
            Commander
            • Feb 2009

Hi Rick,
            If you have suggestions for further clarifications on the ADF's manual I'd be happy for you to PM me with them. I thought the "Quick Setup" section was pretty straight forward, and your description of what to do is exactly what the manual says to do for steps 1-4, but I'll gladly take suggestions into consideration for future revisions.

Bob,
            You shouldn't need to do anything with the jumper, just leave it in place. Your servos plug in to C and D. (Make sure you pay attention to the wire colours when doing this!) Then follow the instructions for setting the two pots. Let me know if you have any trouble, and by all means if your're unsure about something feel free to ask.
            Kevin McLeod - Oscar II driver
            KMc Designs

Comment

Working...