X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lance
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Jan 2009

Location of the LBP union support structure

Maybe I missed it in the discs and the sub-driver instructions, what is the location that the LBP union support structure should go on top of the sub-driver? This is the device that holds the two tubes, one going up to the sail and one going down into the ballast tank. I'm concerned that once I place this item I will find it interfers with the sailplane linkage.

Lance
  • Nuke Power
    Banned
    • Dec 2008

Well it would greatly depend on the model your putting it in :)

Comment

• Lance
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Jan 2009

Sorry, I was in a hurry to send out the message and run off to an appointment. I am putting this in the Seaview. I see in some of the pictures that the union support structure is fairly close to the forward most screw of the On-board Bottle in the ballast tank.

Lance

Comment

• toppack
        Rear Admiral
        • Nov 2008

Hey, just put where it Fits the best. :eek:
        If it don't fit, don't use it, and do something 'Completely Different'. :D
        Creative judgment is always Needed. :)
        Rick L.
        --------------------------------------------
        * Asking Questions is a 'Good Thing',
        Since Learning is Always a 'Good Thing' *

Comment

• Nuke Power
          Banned
          • Dec 2008

just secure it wit some silicone. GIve it a good while to cure. That way if you indeed need to move it you can.

Comment

• junglelord
            Banned
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Lance
            Sorry, I was in a hurry to send out the message and run off to an appointment. I am putting this in the Seaview. I see in some of the pictures that the union support structure is fairly close to the forward most screw of the On-board Bottle in the ballast tank.

Lance
            Do you have any pictures Lance.
            I am going to build two Seaviews and I would like any and all pictures and advice you can give about your efforts please and thankyou. What did you buy, the kit or the completed Sub-driver? How has the build been a challange? What are you using for filler>? Sorry for being a pest.

PS I hope it all goes well and you have a wonderful device when your done.

Comment

• Lance
              Lieutenant, Junior Grade
              • Jan 2009

Do you have any pictures Lance.
              I am going to build two Seaviews and I would like any and all pictures and advice you can give about your efforts please and thankyou. What did you buy, the kit or the completed Sub-driver? How has the build been a challange? What are you using for filler>? Sorry for being a pest.

PS I hope it all goes well and you have a wonderful device when your done.
              Thanks Junglelord,
              I have not taken any pictures of the assembly to this point. This has been a very popular kit and I have seen many threads on various blog sites with lots of pictures.
              I bought the sub-driver kit and so far the assembly has been a pleasure! The discs give pretty good instructions on how to assemble the sub-driver and model kit and modify it for RC use. The also have some very good tips on tools needed for assembling the kit as well as sanding and filling. By the way for filler I am using auto-body filler, I'm not sure of the brand maybe Bondo.
              The Moebius kit is a modelers dream! Everything fits together very well and a lot of thought went into designing the model to allow future modifications the assembler might want to add (i.e. R.C., lights, etc.).

Lance

Comment

• junglelord
                Banned
                • Jan 2009

Thanks for the reply. When you say "discs" do you mean the one that comes with the Sub-driver kit or the 5 DVD Seaview conversion set.
                PS did you figure out where that LPB was to be situated?

I look forward to the next few months.
                :D
                Cheers
                Dean
                Last edited by junglelord; 02-07-2009, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• Lance
                  Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                  • Jan 2009

Both sets of discs are informative but as far as converting the Moebius Seaview the 5 disc set has been a life-saver for me. I have customized sub kits in the past without much direction and it can be very frustrating. A lot of trial and error and it took a very long time to get a working sub. These discs guide you through most of the steps needed to make the Seaview an RC model. The other project took me 2 years to complete and I was never fully satisfied with its performance. To date I have been working on my Seaview for 2 months and I have the hull nearly complete and am nearing the end of assembly for the sub-driver.

I don't have an answer yet for location of the LBP union support structure. I will put everything together and find a spot that won't interfere with the sail-plane linkage. That shouldn't be too difficult, I just wanted to avoid misplacing the support and have to redrill a hole in the ballast tank.

If there is a specific part of the build you're not sure about ask the question and I'll try to answer it if I know the answer. The great thing about this blog site is someone reading these threads probably knows the answer and gets back to you.

Lance

Comment

• Kazzer
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Lance
                    The great thing about this blog site is someone reading these threads probably knows the answer and gets back to you.

Lance
                    Oh! Yea? Don't rely on me. I'm in JFK tonite, and as of 1pm tomorrow, I'm on ISLAND TIME! (St Thomas) That means white sandy beaches, Margaritas, and no access to WiFi. Ruby wedding anniversary - so us two old codgers are going snorkelling. video cameras strapped to foreheads!

So, bug Merriman for two weeks! I'l bring him a bleached bone back to chew!:D
                    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• junglelord
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2009

Thanks Lance for the information.
                      I am on a pension and this will keep me busy.
                      I hope to make the first one with out mistakes....then the second one should be perfect or a breeze...
                      Both of my Seaviews should be here this week.

I will let you know what if any questions I have.
                      Thanks Lance, David, Mike.
                      I'll drink to THAT!

Comment

Working...