X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lance
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Jan 2009

Large or small SNORT for Seaview

I have a question for the forum, which SNORT system is recommended for the Seaview. Several months ago I purchased the large SNORT thinking the Seaview would require it. Since then I have seen all references (i.e. Dave Merriman's video and the subdriver instruction .pdf file) use the small SNORT. Has anyone used the large SNORT and if so what advantages or disadvantages would each have over the other?

Thanks,

Lance
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Lance
    I have a question for the forum, which SNORT system is recommended for the Seaview. Several months ago I purchased the large SNORT thinking the Seaview would require it. Since then I have seen all references (i.e. Dave Merriman's video and the subdriver instruction .pdf file) use the small SNORT. Has anyone used the large SNORT and if so what advantages or disadvantages would each have over the other?

Thanks,

Lance

Hi, Lance.

Use the large one only for the 3.5 SubDriver's, all others (even the GATO with its 'big' ballast tank) use the smaller LPB. It takes up less room -- that's the big issue. Though it runs on less current than the bigger one, it takes longer to blow the ballast tank dry, so total current draw is probably a wash between the two.

David,
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Slats
      Vice Admiral
      • Aug 2008

I actually use the small pump with my 3.5" SD - as given I wanted to use only one battery (7.2v) which is the what the driver motor on my SD is rated at. I found that running the small 7.2v smaller pump worked faster than the 12v large pump running on 7.2v.

J
      John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
      Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Lance
        Lieutenant, Junior Grade
        • Jan 2009

Thanks guys. This makes sense now since I tried to fit the large SNORT hose to the subdriver last night, the hose is too big for the pre-installed fittings on the endcap. I have not used any of the components of the large system or even opened the ESC-1 package, so I will see if I can return the items for a small SNORT system.

Thanks for the quick input, this shouldn't delay me too much. I guess while I'm waiting for the new parts I can get back to work filling in those pesky seams! Some of those seams just won't go away!

Lance

Comment

• toppack
          Rear Admiral
          • Nov 2008

If Mike doesn't give you a Fair deal on the trade, I'll buy the large pump, for what you paid for it.
          I'm going to need one for my Nautilus project.

Hey! I just noticed that I made the rank of Captain. It was a lot of Hard work to get it, but I Deserve it. :D Unlike Mike and David I had to Work for my Rank! :D
          Thank you Oh Great Promotion-Server! :D
          Last edited by toppack; 01-23-2009, 12:47 PM.
          Rick L.
          --------------------------------------------
          * Asking Questions is a 'Good Thing',
          Since Learning is Always a 'Good Thing' *

Comment

• Slats
            Vice Admiral
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by toppack

Hey! I just noticed that I made the rank of Captain. It was a lot of Hard work to get it, but I Deserve it. :D Unlike Mike and David I had to Work for my Rank! :D
            Thank you Oh Great Promotion-Server! :D
            Oh really.....thanks for that I needed a good laugh....:D
            John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
            Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Kazzer
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Lance
              I have not used any of the components of the large system or even opened the ESC-1 package, so I will see if I can return the items for a small SNORT system.

Lance

Send it back with a note saying I OK'd it, and ask for it to be changed over.

Mark it Attn. Kailagh please.
              Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• Lance
                Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                • Jan 2009

Thanks, I took care of it first thing Friday morning after I read Dave's reply. I didn't catch the name of the person who helped me but she was very helpful! I expained the situation and she gave me an RMA number and told me to ship the contents back. The items are already on their way back to you.

Thanks Mike for the great customer service!

Lance

Comment

Working...