• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alad61
    Commander
    • Jan 2012

Gato SD & transmitter

Quick qurstion on the above...

How many channels are needed to run this sd?
    Cheers,
    Alec.

Reality is but a dream...
    But to dream is a reality

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

ch-1 rudder
    ch-2 bow planes
    ch-3 throttle
    ch-4 ballast sub-system
    ch-5 bow plane retract
    ch-6 stern planes

So, the baskic WFly transmitter can handle this. The WFly computer with 8 channels, is even better. Don't underestimate the value of model memory and ability to set servo end-points. Spring for the computer transmitter, you won't regret it.

And use the Sombra receiver in there! The SL-6 or the SL-8.

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• alad61
      Commander
      • Jan 2012

Struth... I knew that would be right!! That means to run an lpb/snort I would need to go an 8 channel and I only have a 6 channel digital... :( plus down here we are only allowed 27 or 36 mhz I think you can get away with 40mhz but 72-75 mhz are illeagle as they are emergancy frequencies only down here.
      Yet it seems all I can get out the local rc shops is 2.4ghz gear. God I must have upset somebody bigtime in a former life.
      Cheers,
      Alec.

Comment

• Aug 2008

You can put both the LPB and the gas ballast sub-system on the same stick (ch-4). Just set the blow valve to only open with the stick hard over and trim pushed in the same direction. Re-adjust the fail-safe setting to match that servo throw, and you're good as gold.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• alad61
          Commander
          • Jan 2012

Outstanding! Thanks David.
          Cheers,
          Alec.

Comment

• oztruck
            Commander
            • May 2010

I too am in the Land Downunda, and run with 40MHz and have no troubles with it. All the TARGETS at my pond use 2.4 or 36MHz. I also have been using a cheap (from EBay Hong Kong) 6 channel 35MHz which, although it is not quite 36 but not far from it.:wink:

Cheers Chris

Comment

• Subculture
              Admiral
              • Feb 2009

35mhz is used in the UK for air exclusively, although some countries allow it for surface craft. Most flyers have converted to 2.4ghz (I know I have) for flying, as it makes a lot more sense, too bad it doesn't work in the drink!

Comment

• Aug 2008

I'm scared to death that over time the agencies within the various countries that control the radio spectrum over their turf, that the current non-2.4gHz bands will be eventually auctioned away from we r/c vehicle drivers.

David
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Subculture
                  Admiral
                  • Feb 2009

I've yet to see that done here in the UK. With the advent of 40mhz here in the UK back in the late 80's less and less people used 27mhz, but the frequencies still exist for model use.

I think once something is allocated it's really rather difficult for the powers that be to take it back- think of the nightmare of trying to police the use of all the thousands of sets still kicking around out there.

It seems the digital methods of transmission are seen as the way forward, permitting far more channels of data to be squeezed into available bandwidth.

Comment

• oztruck
                    Commander
                    • May 2010

I have found the 35MHz works very well under the water. And the best part is no one else is using it, not even toys. No interference and good range.

Comment

• alad61
                      Commander
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
                      You can put both the LPB and the gas ballast sub-system on the same stick (ch-4). Just set the blow valve to only open with the stick hard over and trim pushed in the same direction. Re-adjust the fail-safe setting to match that servo throw, and you're good as gold.

David
                      I tried to picture it in my head and kept screwing up the image so I thought I'd have a crack at it on the bench rather than my head. So I tested it on my Seaview sd and receiver It works so good I ain't gonna change it now.

Oztruck I have a cheapie rtr target (missile destroyer) my other half got me for christmas. It is a 40mhz set up, more a toy than serious rc but it was the thought that counts, plus it was a nice distraction till my seaview turned up. Though it took me about three weeks to repaint the sucker to look anything but toy like, it came out pretty darn good too.
                      Cheers,
                      Alec.

Comment

Working...