X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tugrat
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Jun 2010

Ultrasonic Cleaner

I have two ultrasonic cleaners and used them for cleaning various items.

The first unit was a small hobby unit. The second unit was more of a commercial unit but size still limited what could be placed in the tray.

I am currently completing an electronic kit (short form) which allows you to build your own cleaner.

The kit comes complete apart from the tank and a few PVC fittings and sealant.

What I am trying to build is a multi purpose cleaner that can accomodate almost all items. Rather then have the transponder attached to the tank, the transponder is loose.

Say for example I have an item - sub hull - I can place in a kitchen bin and if its larger then in a small otto bin.

The problem is the larger the tank the less effective the cavitation process so more time is needed.

One trick is to use warm water along with a wetting agent. I also have an idea that with the tank half full is to use an air blower under the water to assist in stubborn dirt.

Once I have completed the unit I will post pictures.

The kit was designed by Silcon Chip Magazine (www.siliconchip.com.au) and can be purchased via Jaycar Electronics. www.jaycarelectronics.com.au
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

You would serve this idea well if you posted it on the Caswell Plating forum. There would be huge interest in this over there.
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

Working...