X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anuci
    Banned
    • Aug 2008

Who are Them!

Can someone ID these guys! I have a suspicion, but I wouldn't want to lay money on it. Oh! and who's monster Gato does that belong to. I'm thinking it may be an old 32P Gato. looks to be a 10 footer.

• greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

AL, Ive seen that picture before somewhere. I think in an old SCR mag. but I dont know who. If I would venture a guess I would say that Dave Merriman is on the left holding the Nautical Commander.
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Anuci
      Banned
      • Aug 2008

Ok, yea! that was my suspicion, Oh Dave! was that you? if so could you give us a little back ground on the photo if you would, and any other details you may want to share with us. The photo looks to be about 25-30 yrs old. Yea, a Nautical Commander, a very popular radio of the time, although they are still being used today by many. Any info. on the large scale Gato, Owner, how it performed, where and when the photo was taken?

OOOP's, from the lack of response I may have ruffled some feathers here, or maybe the questions were to insignificant, My Bad! A thousand pardons. : )

"No one see's the Wizard! No way, No how".
      Last edited by Anuci; 07-16-2011, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

No. No ruffled feathers, I just let this one slip by me. Sorry.

I'm the goof-ball on the left, that's Gene Berger (the guy who literally saved the SC when he took over the magazine and turned the thing into a 'proper' magazine) next to me.

That's Gene's beautiful 1/32, 32nd Parallel GATO. He let me drive it -- the smoothest running, most magnificent looking r/c submarine I know of. Gene is a true Craftsman -- he's the guy who got me into this game!

The place is Mount Trashmore, Virginia Beach, VA. The area around the lake proper, sadly, has become a duck and geese toilet; the shoreline today is nearly solid with bird poop! We don't go there anymore. Other than that, the park is a wonderful example of local government planning, organization and execution; a model for other cities to look to when planning their own parks. Too bad the lake has become unusable.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Kazzer
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Merriman
          No. No ruffled feathers,

. The area around the lake proper, sadly, has become a duck and geese toilet; the shoreline today is nearly solid with bird poop! We don't go there anymore.

David
          20 years ago, I lived in Oakville, Ont, Canada. The parks along Lake Ontario were so c r a pped on by those damned Canadian Geese, that it was impossible to walk on the grass. Correction. There was no grass.

In NY the Erie Canal banks are infested with these damned vermin. They start on a bit of lawn with just two, then there are six, the year after 36, another year and there are 100. Nothing stops them. No hunters, no predators. I'd like to poison the little bas****s, but the bleeding hearts would be pi**ed off. We even have hundreds of them walking along the roads around our Eastview Mall. Cars stop to let them cross the road, instead of mowing them down.

At least they don't come onto my lawn. I have a catapult (it's illegal to discharge a firearm in a sub-division) and they know they'll get a damned great rock lobbed at them if they get within 100 feet of my grass!
          Another 10 years and we'll all be two feet deep in Geese sh**!
          Last edited by Kazzer; 07-16-2011, 10:11 PM.
          Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• Anuci
            Banned
            • Aug 2008

Thanks for the update, Dave.

And Mike, keep a steady bubble. You know first hand what's walking and crawling around down here, :biggrin: besides us swamp dwellers that is. How about I send up a couple monitor lizards, or maybe even a python, seems South Fl. is getting infested with them as well. Some have been released into the open by people smuggling them into the country and before you know they are swallowing up anything they can get their mouth around. They've been known to even swallow an alligator.

Al,
            Last edited by Anuci; 07-16-2011, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• Kazzer
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Anuci
              Thanks for the update, Dave.

And Mike, keep a steady bubble. You know first hand what all we have walking and crawling around down here, :biggrin: besides us swamp dwellers that is.

Al,

A steady bubble? Good grief! I want to blow all tanks! My place in Florida is on a 100 acre lake, on the edge of the Everglades. I've seen 9 footers in there. Some of the locals say, the gators were here first and should be in the lakes. Never mind that Caterpillar machines dug out the 100 acre lake, so it was man made. Never mind 5 year old kids run round the lakeshore, not 40 feet from residents back doors. Any time I saw these monsters in the lake, I phoned the gator guys and they hooked 'em out, made handbags and gatorburgers out of them.

If only we could bring them to NY for the summers months, let them loose on the lawns for a few weeks, clean up the geese (damned Canadians) and then send them back to Florida to be made into bigger handbags, shoes, and bigger gatorburgers. Dream on!

Comment

• Anuci
                Banned
                • Aug 2008

Mike,

Don't knock those Gatorburgers, especially with fried onions and mushrooms with a layer of imported provolone cheeze on a sesame bun, Oh yea, and a cold beer!

Comment

• Kazzer
                  • Aug 2008

When we got to Naples Fl. we often run down to Everglades City, take an airboat ride and then munch on gator & fries. They're a bit leathery but we're helping keep the population down and saving those nice calves!

Comment

• Anuci
                    Banned
                    • Aug 2008

The gator meat was leathery because they probably cooked you up a 100 yr. old alligator that had already been dead a few weeks.
                    They know a New Yorker when they see one, even if they do have a British accent :wink
                    Last edited by Anuci; 07-17-2011, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• Kazzer
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Anuci
                      The gator meat was leathery because they probably cooked you up a 100 yr. old alligator that had already been dead a few weeks.
                      They know a New Yorker when they see one, even if they do have a British accent :wink
                      The meat was a bit leathery because they pay idiots to cook the damned stuff! The first time I ever ate gator was in Burlington, Ont. Canada. On the shore of Lake Ontario. It was delicious. Having said that, they must employ Maine line cooks in Florida. The worst lobster I've ever eaten was in Maine!

Comment

Working...