Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Pirates Mention Caswell Inc Ordering from overseas

I noticed a post over on the pirates site where a customer had asked if someone could help him bypass our strict restrictions regarding people ordering from overseas (outside US contiguous)

Here is my reply

We are frequently asked to supply products from people 'overseas' who wish to use credit cards or Paypal.

We refuse these orders being paid by this method simply because Paypal and the credit card companies will always 'charge back' the monies as soon as there is any sort of complaint. All a customer has to do is say he hasn't received the product, or it is 'defective', regardless of whether or not the product has actually been received or is defective, and these companies will err on the side of the client.

Unfortunately, a few unscrupulous people overseas have cottoned on to this and have made a small business out of ripping off American businesses by ordering products, having them delivered, then falsely claiming they were defective/not delivered. The postal service is the WORST way of sending stuff overseas, as this allows the product to flow through a number of different government controlled businesses, none of which can be held accountable. With UPS or Fedex, at least one can make a legal claim in the USA to recover a fraudulent claim.

Imagine trying to do this in any Muslim controlled country, or in fact any country where you need to recover a few hundred dollars - you are completely wasting your time and these bums know it. And we have been BURNED numerous times. Quite frankly, we are sick of it, it's a waste of my beer money.

This is why Caswell Inc. will insist on a direct wire transfer of the money before shipment, especially if you are requesting product to Nigeria, Somalia, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Indonesia, India, Pakistan, Turkey etc. etc.

If you are a new potential customer from these places, or we have asked you to wire us the money, I'd suggest you suck it up, pay the wire transfer fee, stop your moaning, and understand that it's your countrymen who have made us make this stand. When you have dealt with us on a regular basis, then - maybe - we'll slack off a little.

Do we need your business? No! Do we want your business - hell yes - but pay us first! If you want to rip off anyone please try the other sub businesses first, I'll guarantee you'll catch some of them.

Thank you.
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Mike and I share the same experience with foreign customers. His troubles on a much, much larger scale than mine. Just another good reason why I hooked my wagon to the Caswell Empire three years ago was to rid myself of the work and heart-break of having to deal with all those nasty customers, domestic and foreign.

You can purchase outstanding, reliable product with assured customer support. Or, you can deal with a jovial, friendly salesman. PICK ONE!

David,
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...