X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pjdog
    Commander
    • Apr 2009

2.4GHz RC radios

I've recently acquired a 4 channel RC helicopter radio that's on 2.4GHz. It is able to work at the flying field with up to twenty other radios also working on 2.4GHz. Yet there is on radio interference? You plug in the battery on the helicopter, wait for a few seconds then turn on the transmitter. The transmitter looks for the receiver (Binds) and in maybe 10 seconds your hooked up. The heli guys call it 'bind and fly'. It also appears that one transmitter will bind to several of your other helicopters assuming that you have the same receive brand on your other helicopters. Of course not at the same time. I mean you can have many helicopters or planes and just one transmitter that will drive them all.
    I was wondering if the 2.4GHz would work on submarines? Any of you Submarine people know anything about these new radios. I've not had any radio glitches or interference at all.
    Jack
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Sorry, Jack, no.

2.4 gHz just happens to be the resonate frequency of water, making water opaque to that band of RF energy.

David,
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...