X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wroozee
    Ensign
    • Dec 2009

air vacuum pump for my WTC

I am building the revel 1/72 VIIC u-boat. I see caswell has an air vacuum pump that is 6 volts and also has both an inlet and outlet tube connection.
    My question is, does this pump need a clippard type valve to release the pressure in the bladder, or does this pump have this feature built in?
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by wroozee
    I am building the revel 1/72 VIIC u-boat. I see caswell has an air vacuum pump that is 6 volts and also has both an inlet and outlet tube connection.
    My question is, does this pump need a clippard type valve to release the pressure in the bladder, or does this pump have this feature built in?
    No, no pump installed dump-valve provided. So, if you're going to do the RCABS thing, you'll either need to install a solenoid or mechanical (servo driven) dump-valve.

Forget RCABS for the little type-7 -- unless you're a genius, like me, you won't be able to get enough bag in there to displace the water needed to yank that hull up to designed waterline.

Buy our SubDriver and get it right the first time.

I bring you up right; I buy you books; I send you to school, and what do you do?! .... you eat the teacher! What's wrong with you people?!

David,
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Subculture
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

Hungry cannibals?

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Subculture
        Hungry cannibals?
        Man, Andy! ... I don't know sometimes.

It's like teaching donkey's differential calculus.

It shouldn't be this hard.

David,
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...