Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Plans and photos added to database

I've added several new plans to the REFERENCE LINKS section of the forum, under Plans & Photos. HMS Swordfish is there. Can we use the M1 mold for this model perhaps?

Plenty more to come. If anyone else has some plans they'd like to share, please email me with them and I'll put them up.
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by kazzer
    I've added several new plans to the REFERENCE LINKS section of the forum, under Plans & Photos. HMS Swordfish is there. Can we use the M1 mold for this model perhaps?

Plenty more to come. If anyone else has some plans they'd like to share, please email me with them and I'll put them up.
    Naw ... damit! Would have been nice. but there are just too many departures from hull form to make the M-1/SWORDFISH hull conversion worthwhile -- I forgot about the extra fuel bunker 'cheeks' and under slung TT's. Besides, SWORDFISH is just too damn esoteric (K-Class predecessor) to make it commercially viable.

Did you look over the three static models Andy just posted?

Now, the M-1/K-Class conversion -- that's a real possibility. Basically the M's were K-Class hulls without the steam plant and athwartship TT's. This week I'll pop a set of GRP hull parts from the M-Class tools you just sent and I'll loft off those to check commonality with the K-Class drawings I have here. We'll see.

But the real seller, I'm confident, would be a good sized R-Class. The WW-1 era submarines are virgin territory, ready for commercial exploitation, Mike. So are the 'tween-the-wars boats (like the M-1).
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...