X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

2009 Task Force 72 Sub action

Here is the Slats built Shadow P owned HMS Trenchant - 1/72 OTW kit with some 26,000 tiles added by me. The Sail and dive planes and rear stabilisers are not OTW but scratch built by me.

The boat uses a 3.5" WTC SD from Caswell / Merriman - try RCABSing this high rider - not!

Enough fore play dive the *****!

Last edited by Slats; 12-08-2009, 05:23 AM. Reason: spellin
    John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

Next up is a real treat the DSRV carrying and Tomahawk capable USS Greenville.

Like everything else at TF72 its 1/72 scale.

The kit is from MSSA - Model Sub Systems Australia with Jim Russell being the owner. The boat uses a 12 volt impeller pump to a sealed ballast tank, the mainstay of most Australian sub static diver setups. It works very well.
    The DSRV was not working at this regatta but the Tomahawks were.

The boat is owned by Dr David Batagol who added lights as well as large anechoic tiles the LAs have. I understand he did this by slightly building up the surface layer of the kit (it might have been a spray putty) and then scribing the tiles in.

I have some pretty bad MPG footage of the Tomahawk launch but I cut the frames up and post the footage here.

J
    John Slater

Sydney Australia

Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Slats
      Vice Admiral
      • Aug 2008

Ok here is the scene: USS Greenville has just detected a Russian Krivak 1 in its area of operations - with the Krivak piling on 30+ knots and threatening freedom of the Anchorage, Greenville's commander elects a to take out the threat with a Tomahawk......

The footage is craptacular but the stills, still show you the story of some engineering at its best. Just like the Merriman warshots these birds fly on Propel.

Enjoy:

A second shot from an adjacent tube for good measure!

Next up the Greenville heads to the enemy coast and is ordered to attack shore based targets from PD with a TLAM....

Such fun !!

J
      John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• Slats
        Vice Admiral
        • Aug 2008

Justin, got an photos or videos of the Regatta?

J
        John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• ShadowPeo
          Lieutenant, Junior Grade
          • Jan 2009

Only surface ships, did not get any subs, and definitely not the launch I was dealing with the transmitter battery at the time of the launch

Comment

Working...